Decision Making Strategies for Leaders
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London Business School.Full disclaimer.
Great leaders are decisive. Get the skills, knowledge and experience to make sound decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Your decisions steer your business. Make the right ones.
It takes years of experience to develop the confidence and intuition to make crucial decisions. Accelerate your capability with this intense and practical learning journey.
Benefits for you
- Sharpen your decision-making using sound reasoning, critical thinking and rigorous analysis.
- Learn frameworks to put powerful decision-making into action immediately when back at work.
- Explore new approaches, analysing theory and applying it to practice with global business experts and practitioners.
- Reinforce your learning by making real business decisions in an immersive simulation.
- Receive feedback and review your learning outcomes, with expert coaching, for long-term impact.
- Learn about the limitations of gut instinct, how to balance rational and emotive thinking, and the power of nudges.
Benefits for your organisation
- A braver and more capable leader, able to make the right decisions in your organisation’s context.
- A leader who is encouraged to reflect on their biases and assumptions, and bring back a stronger and surer approach to decision-making in your organisation.
What you learn
- Analyse the decision-making process.
- Understand normative and behavioural approaches.
- Separate the data from the noise to make strong decisions and maximise shareholder buy-in.
- Learn how to nudge other parties, including customers, to make better decisions.
- Understand the psychological barriers that impede good decisions.
- Recognise and avoid decision traps and learn from past decisions.
- Get better at managing risk and uncertainty.
- Explore theories of judgement, ethics, decision bias, anchoring and emotions.
How you learn
- Personalise your learning with a decision-making scenario unique to you and your business.
- Gain a balanced and blended approach in four critical areas: organisational behaviour, marketing, operations and accounting.
- Explore evidence-based theory and apply it under real-world conditions.
- Put crisis decision-making under the spotlight with a high-pressure interactive simulation.
- Receive feedback and review your learning outcomes for long-term impact.
- Learn from your peers by tapping into the rich cultural and professional environment of a global classroom, and share ideas with executives from around the world.
Your learning experience
- Learn from world-class experts including Niro Sivanathan, David Faro and Victor DeMiguel.
- Take advantage of board-level experience with a session on judgement from the former Dean of London Business School, Sir Andrew Likierman.
- Develop new skills immediately through a dynamic mix of cutting-edge research, group work, coaching and challenging simulations.
- Acquire frameworks – personalised to your unique situation – to make effective decisions immediately when back at work.
Who should attend
This programme is for managers and leaders from any background who want to be stronger and more certain in their decisions.