Who should attend
This programme is for managers and leaders from any background who want to be stronger and more certain in their decisions.
10 years management experience on average
- Business line leaders.
- Enterprise owners and leaders.
- Marketing and sales executives.
- Operations and finance leaders.
- Heads of strategy and planning.
About the course
Great leaders are decisive. Get the skills, knowledge and experience to make sound decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Your decisions steer your business. Make the right ones.
It takes years of experience to develop the confidence and intuition to make crucial decisions. Accelerate your capability with this intense and practical learning journey.
Good for you
- Sharpen your decision-making using sound reasoning, critical thinking and rigorous analysis.
- Learn frameworks to put powerful decision-making into action immediately when back at work.
- Explore new approaches, analysing theory and applying it to practice with global business experts and practitioners.
- Reinforce your learning by making real business decisions in an immersive simulation.
- Receive feedback and review your learning outcomes, with expert coaching, for long-term impact.
- Learn about the limitations of gut instinct, how to balance rational and emotive thinking, and the power of nudges.
Good for your organisation
- A braver and more capable leader, able to make the right decisions in your organisation’s context.
- A leader who is encouraged to reflect on their biases and assumptions, and bring back a stronger and surer approach to decision-making in your organisation.
Learn from the world’s leading business minds
Immersive learning to give you decision-making tools for a powerful and lasting impact.
What you learn
- Analyse the decision-making process.
- Understand normative and behavioural approaches.
- Separate the data from the noise to make strong decisions and maximise shareholder buy-in.
- Learn how to nudge other parties, including customers, to make better decisions.
- Understand the psychological barriers that impede good decisions.
- Recognise and avoid decision traps and learn from past decisions.
- Get better at managing risk and uncertainty.
- Explore theories of judgement, ethics, decision bias, anchoring and emotions.
How you learn
- Personalise your learning with a decision-making scenario unique to you and your business.
- Gain a balanced and blended approach in four critical areas: organisational behaviour, marketing, operations and accounting.
- Explore evidence-based theory and apply it under real-world conditions.
- Put crisis decision-making under the spotlight with a high-pressure interactive simulation.
- Receive feedback and review your learning outcomes for long-term impact.
- Learn from your peers by tapping into the rich cultural and professional environment of a global classroom, and share ideas with executives from around the world.
Your learning experience
- Learn from world-class experts including Niro Sivanathan, David Faro and Victor DeMiguel.
- Take advantage of board-level experience with a session on judgement from the former Dean of London Business School, Sir Andrew Likierman.
- Develop new skills immediately through a dynamic mix of cutting-edge research, group work, coaching and challenging simulations.
- Acquire frameworks – personalised to your unique situation – to make effective decisions immediately when back at work.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
Professor Sir Andrew Likierman is Dean of London Business School. Andrew was Founding Director of the Executive MBA programme and has been a Professor at the School for many years, lecturing on all the major executive and degree programmes. His research interests are in the field of the measu...
Professor of Management Science and Operations; Chair, Management Science and Operations Faculty MSc (Madrid), MSc and PhD (Stanford) Professor Victor DeMiguel’s research focuses on the design, analysis, and application of quantitative models for managerial decision making with applications in ...
Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour BA (Queen’s), MSc (Queen’s), PhD (Northwestern) Dr Niro Sivanathan’s research and teaching have received international recognition. His research explores how the psychology of the self – specifically our motivation to maintain the integrity of the...
London Business School Term Associate Professor of Marketing MSc. (London) PhD (Chicago) David Faro received his PhD in Marketing at the University of Chicago, and joined London Business School in 2006. Dr Faro’s research examines consumer and managerial decision-making, the psychology of time ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.