Who should attend
Senior decision makers
- With at least three years of management experience
- Seeking to develop their strategic decision-making ability.
About the course
Empower yourself to make strategic judgements for your organisation under pressure and in times of uncertainty.
Develop your ability as a senior executive to make sound decisions that drive strategy, innovation and sustainable results throughout your business.
Our Decision Making for Leaders course combines evidence-based principles and practical tools to show you how to leverage your strengths and be confident in your judgement.
With interactive modules, case studies and simulations, you will develop insights into decision making at the highest level and learn to recognise when intuition would be more useful than further analysis.
Improve decision-making skills
- Implement a structured decision-making process
- Enhance your strategic ability
Develop awareness and build confidence
- Identify good decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Define, measure and manage risk
Influence and communicate effectively
- Ask key questions to guide your information search
- Communicate decisions and justify your position
- Develop insights into decision making at the highest level
- Lead a team through effective decision making
Decision-making biases and traps
Consider your own thinking, accountability and effectiveness as a decision maker
Organisational decision making
Understand how to structure your managerial problems, help other makes decisions and decide under pressure
Ethics and risks
Evaluate your responsibilities to others, your organisation and the community as a decision maker
Jill Klein joined Melbourne Business School in 2009 as a Professor of Marketing and is also a Professorial Fellow at the Melbourne Medical School. After completing her PhD in Social Psychology at the University of Michigan, Jill joined the faculty at Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Nort...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.