Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for people at all levels within an organisation. Particularly those who face difficult personality situations at work and would like strategies to deal with them positively, with less personal stress.
About the course
Practical strategies for the difficult conversations you face at work.
Handling difficult conversations successfully is at the heart of getting high performance from individuals and teams. In this workshop you’ll learn how to deal with negativity, well poisoning, and other attitudes that get in the way of a productive working environment.
You’ll also learn to manage your own ‘hot’ buttons – i.e. fear, anger, embarrassment, defensiveness – in ways that ensure you don’t avoid the conversations nor react aggressively.
This one day course provides you with skills and confidence to handle difficult conversations in the work place. This will result in less pain and stress for you and will increase the chances of a positive outcome for both you, your team and colleagues.
In this course you will learn:
- The underlying factors that make difficult conversations difficult.
- How to have difficult conversations that require a change in another person’s behaviour.
- How to deal with the 7 primary types of difficult personalities.
- How to keep your composure in difficult and challenging situations.
You will be able to apply the tools you learn directly to difficult situations you are currently facing at work to move forward.
- Gain confidence and skills to address the difficult conversations you face at work
- Increase your assertiveness in dealing with difficult and challenging situations
- Get more immediate resolution on conflict situations
- Reduce your anxiety and stress.
Your organisation will:
- Reduce tension and negativity – thereby increasing engagement.
- Increased leadership effectiveness and productivity.
- Build a more positive culture. “The culture of any organization is shaped by the worst behaviour the leader is willing to tolerate".
Dr. Peter Blyde regularly works with the Business School to develop and deliver executive development programmes for corporate clients. Peter has been at the forefront of executive leadership development including the Hillary Leadership Programme (New Zealand Leadership Institute 2005-2010) and G...