Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
This course builds on the concepts from the first course and provides the basics of Transact-SQL (T-SQL) programming extensions. Gain hands-on experience with the use of scalar and table-valued functions, branching and conditional logic, using transactions and concurrency, and more advanced data structures. Build and deploy a database application.
- Introduction to database programming
- Using SQL: thinking in sets
- Understanding transactions and error handling
- Database programming with T-SQL
- Developing functions and stored procedures
- Developing database triggers and cursors
- Writing advanced SQL queries
- Understanding concurrency: locking and blocking
- Data access security
- Query optimization and performance tuning
Randal Root is a senior consultant specializing in .NET programming, SQL Server business intelligence solutions and technical education. Although he’s been teaching network and database administration since 1998, he primarily focuses on Windows, Web and database programming along with business in...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.