Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Spreadsheets and large tables can be complex, difficult to decipher, and present barriers to extracting valuable information parsed from an organization’s data. Applying best practices for data visualization will allow you to solve problems, identify how to use visuals in presentations and reports, and make decisions. You will learn the basics of the visual perception of data as well as strengthen and practice these new techniques through a capstone exercise.
- Describe the importance of data visualization for business intelligence and decision-making
- Identify purposes and uses of data visualization for the organization
- Analyze effective design practices for data visualization
- Compare and contrast performance measurement data using effective data visuals
- Use data visuals to convey distribution, and relationships
- Construct effective data visuals to solve workplace problems
Introduction to Data Visualization
- What Is Data Visualization?
- Benefits of Data Visualization
Designing Effective Data Visuals
- Processing Visual Information
- Best Practices for Data Visualization Design
Analyzing Trends and Patterns
- Showing Distributions
- Uncovering Relationships
Data Visualization Applications
- Data Visualization for Analysis and Decision-Making
- Meeting Organizational Objectives
Making Performance Comparisons
- Displaying Basic Comparisons
- Showing Deviation
Time Series Analysis
- Conveying Time Series
Problem-Solving with Data Visualization
- Using Data Visualization to Address Workplace Problems
Who should attend
This course is an entry-level course for those who are interested in or work with data sets for visual presentation.