Who should attend
Leaders who must engage with data scientists across their organization by drawing on a strong conceptual understanding of how data science should be utilized as a senior leader and decision-maker. Executives without a deep background in data science and business analytics, and who have minimal technical expertise, are strongly encouraged to attend.
About the course
Data Science for Leaders equips senior executives with the aptitude to harness data science and business analytic insights to inform business decisions, strategy, execution, and more effective organizational leadership. Executives need to possess this critical and evolving knowledge foundation to optimally leverage the information produced for and by their data science teams in delivering business solutions based on analytic insights.
Uniquely designed for the demanding schedule of senior executives, Data Science for Leaders moves participants through a two-day applied, intensive, boot camp which includes a mix of lectures, case studies, laboratory practice, and panel discussions.
Esteemed Haas faculty, Lucas Davis and Jonathan Kolstad, lead senior executives through the process of learning and applying the leadership principles behind the applications of data science methods. At the forefront of the nexus between data science and business analytics, Professors Davis and Kolstad draw on their robust research and industry engagement to define the capabilities, challenges, and decisions executives must make every day in leading an organization.
- Harness the Power of Data and Technology
- Make data-driven decisions and solve business problems using the power of data and technology
- Create Value for the Organization with Data Science
- Leverage data science to create and implement business strategies
- Improve your Organization’s Business Processes
- Use data analytics and its application to improve business processes
- Drive Business Improvement
- Examine how to anticipate organizational needs and drive business improvement through data science future trends
The Data Science for the C-Suite program curriculum covers the following topics:
- Topic 1 | Data Science Foundations for Senior Leaders
- Topic 2 | Better Business Decisions with the Flip of a Coin
- Topic 3 | Business Applications of Data Analytics
- Topic 4 | Solving Problems, Generating Insights
- Topic 5 | Analytics-Based Strategy Setting
- Three-day immersive program
- World-renowned Berkeley Haas and Executive Education Faculty
- Practical application
- Highly interactive environment
- Exclusive networking reception with faculty
- Access to the program alumni community
- Data Science for Leaders Certificate of Completion
Education PhD, Economics, University of Wisconsin MS, Economics, University of Wisconsin BA, Magna Cum Laude, Amherst College Positions Held At Haas since 2009 2016 – present, Jeffrey A. Jacobs Distinguished Professor, Haas School of Business 2014 – present, Faculty Director, Energy ...
Education PhD, Harvard University BA, Stanford University Positions Held At Haas since 2015 2015 – present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley 2009 – 2015, Assistant Professor, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania Current Research...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.