Data Science for Executives
Big data has transformed and continues to transform the global business environment. In this ever-growing world, the ability to draw insights from data has made data scientists prized assets within organizations.
By 2020, the number of data science and analytics jobs is projected to grow to more than 2.7 million.*
This means it is now imperative for managers and working professionals to have a reasonable understanding of the principles of data science and use these techniques and findings to inform business decisions, while recruiting and retaining the right talent to drive change in organizations.
The Data Science for Executives online short course equips you to take on these challenges. You will learn the foundations of data science for business, allowing you to articulate the value these techniques can bring, and apply them for success.
On completion of the course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion from the UC Berkeley School of Information that will serve as proof of your experience.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate from the UC Berkeley School of Information in this online course and be empowered to:
- Develop the skills and practices necessary to become a successful leader of a data-driven organization
- Make informed decisions regarding data science and its impact on your business
- Tackle the challenges associated with leading a data science project
- Establish a team capable of delivering results through data science projects
Build a foundation in the principles of data science and find out how you can use these skills to add value to your organization, as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Principles of data science
- Module 2 Data science processes, impact, and functions
- Module 3 Modern applications of data science
- Module 4 Building a data science team
- Module 5 Measuring the success of data science projects
- Module 6 Digital transformation strategies
Understand the theory behind the science
This UC Berkeley School of Information online short course is delivered in collaboration with GetSmarter. Learn from industry thought leaders as you gain the skills needed to motivate for the inclusion of data science, and lead its implementation in your organization. Through your new understanding of the principles that underpin data science, you’ll be well equipped to add value to your business and find solutions to business problems.