Who should attend
This course is recommended for anyone with responsibility for or involvement in Data Protection and GDPR in the workplace.
About the course
The Data Protection and GDPR virtual classroom is essential for anyone responsible for data protection as a Data Controller or as anybody who has an interest or responsibility for mitigating risk in data protection. We’ll start the online session with an overview of the legislation and then get into the detail of the main areas in people management that are affected by data protection, such as providing references and the use of social media at work, and how to mitigate the risk. We'll also use a practical case study to help you apply your learning.
- Increased awareness of the legislation and risks associated with Data Protection/GDPR
- Increased identification of risks and how to mitigate them
- Reduced risks through better identification and planning
- Planning risk awareness in people policies, processes and practices
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- List the main points of data protection/GDPR legislation and the principles associated with each
- Recognise which people practices, policies and process have a risk associated with data protection
- Apply your learning to plan how to mitigate such risks in your organisation
- Reflect on your learning and take action to idea future risks as a continual ongoing process.
Before you start this course, it’s important that you consider the following questions:
- How do your personal objectives align to the course objectives?
- How will the course objectives enable you to perform better at work?
- What outcomes do you want from this course? (For example - learn new insights, find out the CIPD's view, confirm my thinking, challenge my own point of view, increase effectiveness at work etc.)
- Overview of the law and principles relating to Data Protection
- An outline of GDPR and people practice implications
- Practical activity - Case study
- Delegates to reflect on key learnings from this practical activity and how it will apply in their own workplace. Particularly focusing on the relationship between company policies, conduct rules on data governance and disciplinary action
- Summarise and close.
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.