Who should attend
Directors or C-level leaders with a desire to:
- Improve data quality for better decision making
- Understand how to respond to external regulations concerning data governance
- Improve efficiency in processes by harnessing the power of data
About the course
What influences or leads to the business decisions you make? Do you rely on gut feeling? Is it what you see happening in your organisation? Can you be confident that you can rely on your data to drive enhanced company performance and results?
This course will address the challenges and opportunities that directors face in successfully including data management under the wider corporate governance umbrella as their organisations navigate through the increasingly important digital economy. Failure to fully understand the value of data may lead boards to misallocate resources for data management and to neglect a key governance responsibility.
Join us and learn why data governance is not just an IT issue and should be on the agenda of every board director!
The 4th Industrial revolution can inevitably create unprecedented levels of data, both in volume and complexity and regardless of business size. Data, perhaps a rather dry subject, has all of a sudden become a hot topic, placed at the heart of organisations that have discovered creative business models to turn data into a revenue generator or the catalyst behind their digital transformation journey.
The explosion of data growth brings a wealth of opportunities for organisations eager to understand how to use their data effectively to drive new business models. However, the reverse of the coin is also valid - organisations that do not have a data strategy or have a fragmented approach to data governance are exposing themselves to substantial risk such as losing market share to existing competitors, emerging threats, start-ups and market disrupters operating in the Digital age.
This one day course provides directors with an enhanced understanding of the opportunities and tensions around the growth of data. This includes reflecting on approaches to business, resources, ethics, society, privacy and regulation and the responsibilities that directors now carry.
If you want to improve data quality for better decision making or you wish to gain an understanding on how to respond to external regulations concerning data governance, this is the right course for you.
- Information Governance - the variety of data in chaos and connecting the corporate vision to the data vision
- New business models - the volatility of information used for business decision-making
- Risk and Reputation – establishing the veracity of data controlled by others
- Horizon scanning and strategy –the uncertainty of information
- Cybersecurity - the volume of data under control
- People and Skills - establishing clear accountabilities and using the velocity of data to create value
- Making things make sense - the complexity of information and disseminating data-related information to all data stakeholders.
- The need to change – reducing the ambiguity of information
On successful completion of this course you will gain:
- An understanding of what digital governance is and the benefits of including it on the agenda of a director
- Knowledge of new business models opportunities enabled by your data assets and how to protect them
- Awareness on risks associated with poor data governance and best practice to manage risk
- Ability to critically assess the current digital governance procedures in your organisation
- Awareness on how to navigate the relationships of the data stakeholders
- Tools for immediate positive impact on you data governance procedures
- Exposure to best digital governance practices
- Connect with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
Dave Jones holds a MA in Leading Innovation and Change awarded from York St John University and has over 30 years’ experience in various roles including over 15 years at Chief Information Officer (CIO) level. Throughout his career, Dave has been instrumental in delivering digital transformation ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.