Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Your peers on the course
Our data analytics course is attended by students of varying skills and experience, to encourage a broad exchange of perspectives and challenges from different industries, countries and experiences. From total beginners to data scientists, the Data Driven Decision Making course will give you the skills and knowledge to bring data into your business decisions, strategies and cross-team collaboration.
Does this sound like you?
- You want to use data for decision-making to support business, growth and user experience
- You want to learn how to find, understand, visualize and analyze data
- You want to gain insights into different ways of exploring data to support your colleagues and organization
About the course
Data is the new gold for businesses. This three-day intensive data analytics course is designed to help you identify, transform, and utilize data as a source of business growth.
You will be introduced to the modern data landscape, and how data is used in different businesses and industries. Learn how to collect data with APIs and scraping tools, visualise data analytics, build business KPI dashboards and formulate a clear approach to data in your business. You will also process the surrounding social, ethical and legal issues that may need to be considered when working with data in today’s digital era.
By the end of this data analytics course, you will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to approach, understand and work with data in your organization.
What you will be doing
- Know why APIs are important and how they can be used
- Understand the concepts and use of Big Data and Open Data
- Know how to set Data driven KPI’s
- Understand the legal aspects of data
- Understand the privacy, ethical and social issues of data
- Understand current trends within data
- Know how to analyze your social media data
- Understand fundamentals of machine learning
- Apply an analytical way of thinking to business and marketing data
- Turn data into valuable and usable business insights
- Prototype and verify business concepts and campaigns using data
- Apply the right tools to access data that is not in an accessible format
- Ability to scrape data and transform it into clear visualizations
- Ability to communicate data insights
- Analyse data trends to judge and assess how they impact your business
- Ability to manipulate data sets
- Ability run text analysis on large data sets
- Ability to lead towards analytical behaviours
- Understanding of and ability to act on hinders & opportunities connected to implementation
Develop a data mindset
- Think like a data analyst and understand how data can provide invaluable business insights across sales, marketing, customer experience and overall business strategy
Explore real data
- Use social media data and tools like Google Analytics
Use data to solve business problems
- Find, scrape and manipulate data for real business solutions
Create data visualizations and dashboards
- Learn how to present that data you’ve collected to build a dashboard that helps your teams succeed
Turn data into insights
- Understand how to create action items from the data you are presenting. Recognise the difference between signal and noise
Solve hands-on tasks
- Work on real data tasks designed to build competence and collaboration in your daily work
Get feedback and collaborate
- Individual feedback and cross-role/industry peer collaboration to accelerate your learning
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.