Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Fuqua School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Businesses face technological and global shifts in regulation, technology, and customer expectations, requiring professionals to evolve and adapt in order to compete. The ‘digitization’ of business has radically transformed entire industries and spawned new ones, with breathtaking speed and complexity.
New technology often enables exponentially more information, presenting significant new opportunities as well as challenges to your organization. To harness the value of new information, you’ll need to understand how to leverage it in important ways:
- How do you structure a massive quantity of data to use as a predictive tool?
- How can you use analytics to address high-level strategic decisions such as market design or strategy in a networked economy?
- How should trends in your business environment influence your decision to expand or downsize your business?
- How much capacity should a service organization plan for a change in business practice?
This program will present state-of-the-art data and analytics methodologies and approaches to handle such managerial decision-making challenges.
Increase Your Competitive Position with Data
Pivotal business decisions often involve multiple players, potentially conflicting objectives, and emerging market factors that drive long-term changes in business environments. Many organizations do not have structures in place to pool data much less leverage it well. To make reliable strategic decisions, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of how to interpret data in light of external forces. This program will approach challenges in a systematic way, and will help you become empowered and more confident with the process of making both short and long-term data-driven decisions.
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Basics of machine learning and reinforcement learning
- Data visualization
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Dynamic decision making
- Optimization approaches for complex decisions
- Risk management
- Strategies for data driven decision making
- Networked economy
- Market design
- Data driven negotiation analysis
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify how and what data can be used to directly impact business decisions
- Use the analytical skills needed to harness the power and potential of data and create value
- Understand state-of-the-art analytics models and how to use them best to make and communicate decisions
- Identify and structure a decision problem, understand its essential features, and come to a sound decision
- Discover innovative ways of framing problems and structuring data to maximize impact
- Structure and sequence multiple decisions optimally under uncertainty
- Use an analytics approach in negotiations and competitive decision-making settings
Most importantly, you will learn to look at your organizations’ data from a fresh and more in-depth perspective and will be able to think ahead of the curve to strengthen your competitive position in the marketplace.
Get set for three days of fast-paced, stimulating, and challenging exercises, group discussions, lectures, and case studies. You’ll gain substantial insights into how to leverage data analytics in your everyday role in your organization. From understanding what types of data are available, to creating a framework for your market situation, to getting a handle on uncertainty, you’ll ultimately enhance your contributions to your organization and increase value to your stakeholders.
Who should attend
Professionals who use data analytics, business modeling, and statistics will find techniques and tools in this program to operate with confidence when faced with complex decisions. Those creating a structure within their organization that enables creativity, innovative thinking, and sound decision-making will gain insights to optimize their design. Managers who want to optimize effectiveness and profitability within their organizations, and those making marketing or product decision with data, regardless of their quantitative experience, will benefit from this program, including:
• Executives building and launching analytics and data science teams
• Strategy/business development executives
• Digital/Information Technology professionals
• R & D and innovation leaders
• Senior managers in marketing, information technology, human resources, talent management, operations.