Who should attend
- (Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
- (Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
This programme provides an understanding of the principles of statistical methods and how these methods can be applied to support business decision making.
The learners of this programme are expected to have prior knowledge in:
- Basic knowledge of programming and/or scripting principles (e.g. using variables, logical operators, if ... then control, loops, ...)
- Intermediate knowledge of data concepts (e.g. equivalent of intermediate to advanced knowledge of using spreadsheets)
Benefits to Yo
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding f statistical methods and its applications to their organisations’ problem statements with the objective of improving decisions through data.
Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
- explain Statistical Methods in relation to Data Analytics and Data Mining
- distinguish the characteristics of distributions and sampling methods
- use Excel to perform examples of estimation,confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression analysis and correlation analysis
- Population and Sample
- Discrete and Continuous Distribution
- Sampling Techniques
- Confidence Interval
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation Analysis
As part of the training and learning during this programme, photography and/or video recording of participants in action will be done.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.