Who should attend
Perfect for any sector or industry, this program has been designed to quickly give directors, VPs and other senior executives a comprehensive overview of cutting edge AI and analytics tools and techniques. It will equip senior leaders from non-data science backgrounds with insight into the range of technical capabilities and skills required to effectively cultivate the strategic use of AI and analytics applications in their organization. Participants will also gain critical perspectives on selecting the best technologies, suppliers and individuals’ skill sets for their needs.
About the course
Join us in the virtual classroom for this essential new program!
SEEC and Deloitte have come together to offer the Data & Analytics Fundamentals Academy – a unique educational opportunity designed to help Canadian executives and analytics practitioners in industry quickly close the knowledge gap at the operational level in an organization.
With six modules built around a business problem that can be solved through data and analytics, this bootcamp program is meant to equip non-technical, non-data and analytics professionals with an analytical mindset and foundational capabilities.
Top Reasons To Choose This Program
- Learn how to frame business problems and business opportunities as analytical questions that can be solved through data Confidently lead multi-disciplinary teams to develop data, analytics and AI solutions that improve customer and colleague experience, improve revenues, reduce costs and mitigate risks Translate business needs into data needs and appreciate the data preparation, data engineering and data modelling required to extract insights from different structured and unstructured data sets Build proficiency in data visualization and storytelling and rapid prototyping to be able to effectively articulate insights that lead to data-driven decision-making
According to Deloitte’s recent artificial intelligence (AI) research report, “Canada’s AI Imperative – from Predictions to Prosperity”, only four percent of the Canadians surveyed reported they were confident explaining what AI is and how it works.
The findings in the report show the reality that many Canadian businesses don’t understand what they can achieve with AI, and do not know where to turn for solutions. Additional insights in Deloitte’s most recent piece of thought leadership, “The upskilling imperative, Building a future-ready workforce for the AI age”, confirm the need to increase Canadian literacy in AI and provide more education on what AI is and what it can do for Canadian business in practical and tangible ways.
In response to this need, SEEC and Deloitte have come together to offer the Data & Analytics Fundamentals Academy – a unique educational opportunity designed to help Canadian executives and analytics practitioners in industry quickly close the knowledge gap at the operational level in an organization. With six modules built around a business problem that can be solved through data and analytics, this bootcamp program is meant to equip non-technical, non-data and analytics professionals with an analytical mindset and foundational capabilities in:
- Framing business problems as analytical questions
- Data engineering
- Data modelling
- Data visualization
- Storytelling with data
- Rapid Prototyping
Fundamentals of Analytics
- Participants will learn how to find the right problem to solve with analytics, how to formulate ‘crunchy questions’ and acquire insights into best practices for building the right team.
Advanced Data Design & Data Management
- Participants will learn about Data Lifecycle, Modelling, ETL, Data Enrichment, Data Quality and Protection.
Advanced Analytics & Modelling
- Participants will learn about supervised and unsupervised analytics techniques and their various applications.
Information Design & Visualization
- Participants will learn how to assemble content into sketched wireframes, build charts in Tableau and assemble them into a dashboard.
Storytelling for Analytics
- Participants will learn how to tailor stories to the needs and wants of a specific audience.
Introduction to Rapid Prototyping
- Participants will discover how rapid prototyping enables agile delivery and practice rapid prototyping concepts through a Case Study.
Capstone Project Presentations
Murat Kristal, PhD, is an associate professor of operations management at Schulich School of Business at York University. He teaches in the areas of business operations strategy, channel management and customer modeling. Dr. Kristal received his PhD from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at Unive...
Biography David is the President of DHE Consulting where he leverages over 20 years of experience working with leading organizations across industries, helping guide them to make use of their data assets and providing solution implementation. An experienced lecturer and trainer, David provides an...
Dr. George J. Georgopoulos is from London Ontario. He received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Western Ontario, M.A. and PhD in Economics from the University of Toronto, where he is now an Associate Professor of Economics at York University. He is also the Graduate Pr...
Audrey is a senior manager at Omnia, Deloitte’s Artificial Intelligence practice focused on AI literacy and adoption. She leads Deloitte Canada’s Analytics & AI Academy offering. Leveraging her experience as a human capital and process improvement adviser, she has assisted many organizations ...
Nishika is a manager for the AI Strategy team at Omnia, Deloitte Canada’s Artificial Intelligence practice. She currently focuses on AI literacy, adoption and change management across different industries. She leads design, delivery and program management for the AI & Analytics Academy offeri...
With more than 10 years of consulting experience, Snehal focuses on helping large organizations unlock the full potential of their data through AI and analytics, and use it as an asset to drive profitability, reduce costs, mitigate risk. As a senior manager within Omnia AI, Deloitte’s AI Consulti...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.