Who should attend
Middle managers with 2-4 years working experience across a variety of industries including financial services, accounting, HR and marketing. These professionals need to know how to use analytics to identify customer’s needs, how to detect unusual activity in real time dashboards, or how to forecast inventory using predictive analytics. These jobs require hands-on experience with reporting and visualization software to assist in the collection and examination of data and connect the dots and build successful strategies using massive amounts of unstructured data.
About the course
Organizations are capturing more data than ever before due to the rise of multimedia, social media, and the growing popularity of internet-enabled devices. This exponential growth leaves many organizational leaders wondering how to manage big data and enable data-driven business decisions. The shortage of qualified and experienced professionals in this area creates a unique opportunity for business professionals who have the knowledge and skills to use data analytics to create a strategic competitive advantage and drive business value.
Florida International University’s Data Analytics for Business Leaders: From Insights to Action program is an eight-week FIU instructor-led certificate program comprised of four (4-hour) in-person Saturday sessions alternated with four (1-hour) online instructor-led practice sessions, also held on Saturdays. Participants learn how to use tools needed to thrive in data-driven organizations. You'll complete this course knowing how to go through the data analysis process from start to finish.
Get Hands-on Experience
- Prepare, analyze and visualize data with MS Excel
- Build a personalized reference guide for future data analysis work
- Practice business case applications that incorporate the concepts and skills learned in class
- Understand the strategic value of data collection and analysis to inform business decisions in today’s business environment
- Understand fundamental data-related concepts, terminology and tools available to support data-based decisions
- Articulate business problems and identify required data
- Gather, clean and organize data
- Describe, analyze and visualize data effectively
Deanne Butchey is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Finance at Florida International University (FIU) and holds a PhD in Finance. Before joining FIU, Dr. Butchey worked as an Investment Banker and Financial Services Stock Research Analyst at Credit Suisse First Boston in their Toronto office...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.