Data Analysis for Management
It has been estimated that organisations experience a 5% increase in productivity and become 6% more profitable than their competitors when they lead with data-driven business decisions.
As the world becomes ever more data driven, future-focused leaders must develop the quantitative skills related to corporate decision making, to extract business insights from data to inform ongoing managerial strategy.
This eight-week online course from the London School of Economics and Political Science equips managers with the analysis and visualisation skills needed to make data-driven decisions in a fast-paced and uncertain world - giving their organisation a competitive edge.
Guided by LSE experts, this course will equip you with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to understand, interpret and communicate data relevant to your role and organisation. You’ll also complete a capstone project where you will apply the techniques and concepts covered in the course to extract business insights from a real data set.
Jumpstart your data-driven leadership with recognition from the world’s leading social science university.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate of competence in Data Analysis for Management from LSE in this online certificate course and become empowered to:
- Gain an understanding of how data-driven models can improve your ability to make decisions
- Assess the reliability and validity of data for extracting business insights
- Leverage data modelling to predict future trends
- Learn to use Tableau to visualise and report on specific insights extracted from data sets
- Critically assess and evaluate data and insights presented to you within a corporate environment
- Earn a certificate from LSE, validating your enhanced data-analysis skills
Gain the skills to make data-driven decisions as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation Module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1 Decision-making under uncertainty
- Course Module 2 Data visualisation and descriptive statistics
- Course Module 3 Quantifying risk through probability
- Course Module 4 Data integrity and statistical inference
- Course Module 5 Evidence-based decisions
- Course Module 6 Understanding the causes of things
- Course Module 7 Time series forecasting
- Course Module 8 Delivering insights through storytelling
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone interested in enhancing their qualitative skills and awareness related to corporate decision-making. Professionals from a variety of different sectors – including marketing, financial services, project management, and information technology – will benefit from this course if they’re seeking the ability to independently identify insights from data. You’ll learn to communicate data-based insights within your organisation with impact, in a way that brings the data and your findings to life. The course will also enable managers to enhance their ability to critically assess and evaluate data and insights presented to them by others. This course will also benefit those wanting to learn to analyse and interpret data using Tableau, the data visualisation and business intelligence software used as an industry standard worldwide. Participants will be provided with a student license to download and use Tableau free of charge for the duration of the course. There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but numerical and computer literacy is advantageous. Students will also need a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.