Dash Interactive Professional Development Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Florida International University College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Gain the skills you need to launch or advance your career, fill in the gaps and boost your chances for lifelong success with DASH! Develop the skills you need to succeed in your career with DASH, the highly interactive professional development program designed exclusively for recent graduates of FIU and students currently enrolled in the Chapman Graduate School. During this seven-week program, you will benefit from career and life coaching, professional networking and discussion on a timely business topic highly relevant to your career.
- Professional coaching and mentoring
- Professional networking
- Externship and internship opportunities
- Discussion on timely business topics (three sessions using web conferencing tools, online on Wednesday evenings). All sessions will be recorded and available to all students for viewing online afterward.
- Discounted rates on webinars and events sponsored by industry affinity groups such as the CFA Society Miami, Greater Miami SHRM, SAP Miami and others
- Participants earn a highly sought after DASH Certificate from FIU Business
Gain the skills you need to launch or advance your career, fill in the gaps and boost your chances for lifelong success with DASH!
Business topics will be offered based on student demand. Below is a list of some of the topics that may be offered.
- Introduction to Financial Valuation
- Introduction to Analytics in Banking
- Introduction to Portfolio Management
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Introduction to Impact and Social Investing
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments
- Introduction to Investment Portfolio Construction & Manager Selection
- Introduction to Investing: How to get started
- Introduction to Behavioral Finance Theory
- Introduction to Performance Management Appraisal
- Introduction to Benefits and Personal Taxes
- Introduction to Negotiations
- Introduction to Big Data
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Artificial (augmented) Intelligence
- Introduction to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
Professional Coaching and Mentoring
Research shows that 80 percent of people who receive coaching report increased self-confidence, and more than 70 percent benefit from improved work performance, relationships, and more effective communication skills.
DASH participants will be matched with a professional coach, as well as a mentor based on their career goals and development interests.
DASH participants will take part in at least five modules on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. These include the Introduction to Dash on March 20, the Professional Networking Reception on March 27, plus three modules on a business topic of their choice. Participants can participate in as many modules as they want.