Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
CDEP is designed for progressive managers in dairy production who have five or more years of dairy experience in a decision making position, access to financial data, and are committed to a career in the dairy business. Business owners and managers affiliated with dairy production who are committed to working with their customers and improving their business and the industry are also welcome to apply.
About the course
Setting the Foundation to Grow the Success of Your Dairy Business
Cornell Dairy Executive Program (CDEP) is a multi-session executive level management training program to improve business management skills over two one-week programs in a year. CDEP offers dairy producers and managers in related agribusiness opportunities to develop and strengthen skills in business management and leadership.
What Will I Learn?
Timely topics in dairy business management are presented by a team of national experts from within and outside of the field of agriculture in two multi-day sessions. Program content focuses on four different areas within the dairy business: business planning, financial management, human resource management and risk management.
After attending this program, you will have developed:
- A comprehensive self-evaluation of your business
- 1- and 5-year strategic business plans
- Leadership and management skills
- A network of dairy executives
- A plan for building business relationships
Presentations in leadership and management principles are presented in multi-day sessions which build upon each other. When accepted to this program, the expectation is that each class participant will complete all three sessions within the same enrollment year.
- Human Resource Management I
- Assessing Your Management Style
- Employee Engagement
- Financial Management I
- Ratio Analysis
- Ratio Relationships
- Market Value versus Cost Basis
- Thinking Like a CEO
- Strategic Thinking
- Lean Systems
- Embracing Change and Servant Leadership
- Milk Pricing
- Time Management
- Family Business Management
- Family and Business Mission
- Communication and Relationships
- Ownership versus Management
- Family Business Transition
- Estate and Succession Planning
- Human Resource Management II
- Recruiting, Interviewing and Onboarding
- Managing Managers
- Managing Multiple Sites
- Rising Labor Costs - Strategies and Approaches
- Financial Management II
- Tracking Performance
- CFO Responsibilities
- Dairy Price Risk Management
- Effective Negotiations
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.