Who should attend
- IT professionals who wish to build their capabilities in cyber security
- Business leaders hoping to reduce cyber liability premiums
- Executives who are interested in positioning their companies more effectively for top-line growth while protecting their bottom-line against cyber risk
- Business leaders in any function or industry that need to be effective in the dialogue and management of cyber risk inside their organization.
- Business leaders in any function or industry that use digital systems to accomplish strategic objectives for their businesses
About the course
Become the driving force against the accelerating problem of potential cyber threats in your organization; earn the Cyber Risk Professional (CyRP) Certificate. Regardless of industry or technical background, CyRP will prepare business leaders to effectively identify, evaluate, prepare for and mitigate cybersecurity threats. The program highlights include:
- CyRP is designed and taught by Pepperdine faculty and an interdisciplinary board of CISOs, executives and business thought leaders
- Four comprehensive course modules
- The certificate is equivalent to four continuing education credits
This course is designed to provide you with the tools you need to evaluate and mitigate risk including managing a remote workforce. We know our organizations have forever changed because of COVID-19 and remote work will continue to become the norm. What should we do to make working from home safe for our businesses and families? What questions should executives and boards ask? How can we better navigate this new digitally transformed workplace?
Anytime, anywhere. Our program offers affordable access to the essential skills business leaders need to have regarding Cyber Risk in their organization. This four-week program includes two-days in-person and four weeks online. In addition to the following:
- Active learning sessions in evaluating risk and cybersecurity investments
- Live webinars to learn how to successfully facilitate change within their organization
- Access to relevant online resources, curated materials and readings
- Real-time virtual networking sessions with industry experts and risk management executives
Each module completion receives a LinkedIn badge with a final certification at the end that is directly connected to your profile and immediately recognized online.
Module 1: Seeing the Big Picture Students are equipped with fundamental knowledge of the threat landscape as well as the legal ramifications that go with it. Simulations included highlight how to make smart, informed security investments.
Module 2: Designing the Agile Enterprise Learn how to design or "build to break" an agile enterprise architecture, both conceptually and technologically. This module will help to make wiser decisions when considering cyber risks.
Module 3: Securing Your Environment Develop an understanding of cyber risk frameworks and take a risk-based approach to apply digital initiatives. This module introduces how to recognize, evaluate and mitigate the key risks to business information systems and effectively communicate cyber risk.
Module 4: Detecting the Bad Guys Assess risk and learn how to anticipate and respond to security breaches through User Behavior Analytics (UBA). Tabletop exercises are included to see how well students can detect the "bad guys."
Charla Griffy-Brown, PhD, professor of information systems at Pepperdine University''s Graziadio Business School, is one of the Graziadio School''s most active and prolific researchers. Dr. Griffy-Brown previously served as the director of the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence. She cur...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Cybersecurity
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.