Cyber Risk Professional Certification
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Graziadio School of Business and Management.Full disclaimer.
Become the driving force against the accelerating problem of potential cyber threats in your organization; earn the Cyber Risk Professional (CyRP) Certificate. Regardless of industry or technical background, CyRP will prepare business leaders to effectively identify, evaluate, prepare for and mitigate cybersecurity threats. The program highlights include:
- CyRP is designed and taught by Pepperdine faculty and an interdisciplinary board of CISOs, executives and business thought leaders
- Four comprehensive course modules
- The certificate is equivalent to four continuing education credits
The hybrid program provides a blend of classroom and convenience, offering all four course modules with two full-day experiential, in-person learning sessions.
Onsite workshops include:
- Table-top scenarios to apply new learned skills
- Active learning sessions in evaluating risk and cyber security investments
- Networking dinners and opportunities to connect with industry experts, classmates, and our world renowned faculty
Anytime, anywhere. Our online program offers affordable access to the essential skills business leaders need to have regarding Cyber Risk in their organization.
The online program includes:
- All online course modules purchased
- Access to relevant online resources, curated materials and readings
- Real-time virtual networking sessions with industry experts and risk management executives
Students can also attend live webinars to learn how to successfully facilitate change within their organization.
Each module completion receives a LinkedIn badge with a final certification at the end that is directly connected to your profile and immediately recognized online.
Module 1 Seeing the Big Picture – Online Students are equipped with fundamental knowledge of the threat landscape as well as the legal ramifications that go with it. Simulations included highlight how to make smart, informed security investments.
Module 2 Designing the Agile Enterprise – Online or In-Person Learn how to design or "build to break" an agile enterprise architecture, both conceptually and technologically. This module will help to make wiser decisions when considering cyber risks.
Module 3 Securing Your Environment – Online Develop an understanding of cyber risk frameworks and take a risk-based approach to apply digital initiatives. This module introduces how to recognize, evaluate and mitigate the key risks to business information systems and effectively communicate cyber risk.
Module 4 Detecting the Bad Guys – Online or In-Person Assess risk and learn how to anticipate and respond to security breaches through User Behavior Analytics (UBA). Tabletop exercises are included to see how well students can detect the "bad guys."
The CyRP certification will equip you and other business leaders with the tools to be effective in the dialogue and management of cybersecurity risks. This certification will develop your understanding and expertise in:
- The threat landscape
- Cyber law
- The "building to break" concept
- Critical cyber risk frameworks
- The risk-based approach to cybersecurity
- Calculating the cost per breach, mitigation, and what this means for your bottom line
- Incidence response
- Strategic opportunities that strong cybersecurity brings
Additionally, this certification will provide you with the ability to answer the following questions:
- How do I change my culture to embrace security?
- What questions should I ask my board?
- How much should I invest in security?
- How do I speak to my executive team about cybersecurity?
- What questions should I ask my CISO?
- What does my board wish I would tell them about cybersecurity?
Who should attend
Business leaders in any function or industry that need to be effective in the dialogue and management of cyber risk inside his or her organization.
Business leaders who are interested in positioning their companies more effectively against cyber risk and even potentially lowering their cyber liability premiums should sign-up and inquire about group rates for their departments, divisions, or colleagues