This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Competitive advantage has moved beyond the features of a company’s product, to include the entire customer experience. This puts increased pressure on all business functions to understand the customer and to find ways to collaborate and co-create a positive customer experience.
The Customer-Centricity in Practice short course uses design thinking methodologies to develop your organisation’s internal capacity to become more customer-centric for sustained competitive advantage.
This course is designed to support the entire organisation in becoming more customer-centric. You will learn how design thinking relates to customer experience principles and you will leave the course with practical strategies to help your business bring human-centred design to life.
The learn-by-doing format of this course will introduce you to customer experience (CX) principles and give you a chance to practice some of the strategies and tactics so that you can put them to work in your business or context.
You will gain:
- First-hand knowledge of how to apply CX frameworks.
- Familiarity with the core competencies of CX and how design thinking can be applied to these.
- Understanding of the steps required for a business to become more customer-centric.
- Access to best practices from around the world.
- Practical application of key tools and methods on a real-world challenge.
- An opportunity to learn from others who are applying CX frameworks.
- Hands-on experiential problem solving and creative thinking.
Course topics include:
- Voice of customer, customer insight and understanding
- Experience design, improvement and innovation
- Organisational adoption and accountability
- Customer experience metrics and measurement
- Journey mapping
- Service design
- How design thinking relates to customer-centricity
Who should attend
If you would like to learn more about the practical application of customer experience, customer-centricity and design thinking concepts in a business context, this course will be of great value to you. Participants from all seniority levels, practice areas and sectors are invited to attend.
Trust the experts
I am a customer experience advisor, speaker and strategic leader with over a decade of experience in collaborating with blue chip companies the United States and Southern Africa. I specialize in driving profitable growth through improved customer experiences. I leverage my knowledge of global cus...
Rob is a Programme Lead at the Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking (d-school) at UCT, where he creates and leads design thinking programmes. As a facilitator he has led programmes in Germany and South Africa with a focus on helping individuals and teams use design thinking to discover new so...