Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers with several years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or customer management.
About the course
The age of the “product pusher” is long gone – sales managers nowadays are trusted and collaborative consultants for their clients. To live up to this ideal, sales leaders need to develop a customer-centric strategy and organization.
Customer centricity is a concept that is touted by many companies yet is difficult to implement. To support sales leaders in this endeavor, participants of the program Customer Centric Sales Management will acquire the latest customer centricity toolset and learn from the successes and failures of other companies: from understanding customers’ wants to decoding customers’ true needs, from gaining customers’ buy-in to aligning internal processes. In the aim of creating customer-centric sales personnel with clearly defined roles, tasks, and selling behavior, participants will develop new ideas to improve their own sales business, receive feedback from faculty and peers, and leave the program with a concrete action plan.
- Experience disruptive approaches to customer-centric selling and its key elements
- Get to know new frameworks and concepts, research insights, and best-practice examples
- Understand how to create high-performing sales personnel with clearly defined roles, tasks, and selling behavior
- Capitalize on the exchange between executives from different industries
- Understanding customer strategies: from collecting specifications to understanding needs
- Bringing digital offerings to market and selling complex service solutions
- Improving customer centricity and transforming sales management through digital technologies
- Managing change to build a customer-centric culture
Johannes Habel is an associate professor at ESMT Berlin. In his research and teaching, he focuses on sales and marketing strategies of so-called Hidden Champions, that is, highly successful SMEs with a low level of public awareness. Specifically, Johannes has cooperated with Hidden Champions in i...
Professor Olaf Plötner is the dean of Executive Education at ESMT. He joined ESMT as one of the first faculty members and managing director of ESMT Customized Solutions GmbH in 2002. Olaf's current research and teaching focus on strategic management, industrial market management, and sales manage...
Ulf Schäfer is a program director at ESMT Berlin. He studied Philosophy, Mathematics, Logic and Theory of Science in Bonn, Knoxville, and Berkeley as well as Business Administration in Rotterdam and London (Canada). Ulf was a lecturer of Philosophy at Bonn University, a strategy consultant with A...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.