Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Senior-level managers in both B-to-C and B-to-B organizations who are responsible for influencing business decisions across marketing, finance, operations, and strategy will benefit from Customer Analytics for Growth. Additionally, executives who are responsible for interfacing with data science and the teams that collect data, those who are beginning to use available data to inform strategy and operating decisions, and those who are new to analytics will benefit from the program.
Participants are not required to have a strong math or technical background. Customer Analytics for Growth focuses on the managerial issues that intersect with analytics, including how best to convey insights from data to decision makers.
Industries that are currently exploiting business analytics include, but are not limited to, consumer packaged goods, financial services, health care/pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, media/communications technology, hardware/software technology, transportation, and logistics.
Job titles may include:
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Chief Information and Digital Officer
- Chief Product Officer
- Global Director, Pricing Strategy
- SVP Data and Decision Sciences
- SVP Corporate Research and Analytics
- VP Digital Strategy
- Managing Director
- Director Business Intelligence
- Director Corporate Sales Operations
- Director Digital Marketing
- Director Marketing Communications
- Director Product Management
- Director Products and Services
- Principal Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Marketing Research Analyst
About the course
The pandemic has upended virtually every industry and business model, making the need for informed decision making more important than ever. Seismic disruptions in customer behavior now means that historical data may be less useful, so embracing a test-and-learn philosophy using business experiments has become an increasingly important way to forecast the future.
Customer Analytics for Growth Using Machine Learning, AI, and Big Data will give you the discipline for and understanding of how to leverage your data to transform existing business strategies and level the playing field for firms that were just beginning to harness the power of analytics. In this program, you will learn how to use AI concepts and tools to sharpen your analytics mindset and enable a fully digital business strategy. You will also discover how to bridge any knowledge gap that may exist between your data science teams and the C-suite and convert model-based recommendations into actionable insights and better managerial decisions.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In Customer Analytics for Growth, you will:
- See the impact of data analytics including AI and machine learning on the customer journey
- Map the journey of your customer and identify places where technology and analytics can help address their pain points
- Explore and understand the latest AI applications, including their pros and cons
- Discover the companies that are using these new technologies most effectively
- Gain insights on the benefits and limitations of different ways of embedding analytic functions in organizations
- Learn methods for rapid, agile experimentation to test and learn from new analytics projects now and in the future
- Apply a template for transforming around data analytics/AI and adapt a data analytics digital strategy for your company
Many companies have been swimming in data, and spending millions to collect more. But the unprecedented shifts in the economy and resulting swings in consumer behavior have rearranged the competitive landscape. Customer Analytics for Growth addresses the most pressing concerns of business leaders today who need to understand and utilize the latest methods for collecting and analyzing data.
This program explores the growing need for greater customer centricity and examines data privacy regulations and how to build a compliant analytics program. Participants will learn how to cultivate an analytics-based mindset throughout their organization and gain a deep understanding of emerging AI technologies that are rapidly changing businesses today.
The program examines customer analytics using three foundational pillars:
- Descriptive Analytics examines the different types of customer data and how they can be visualized, ultimately helping you leverage your findings and strengthen your decision making.
- Predictive Analytics explores the potential applications of data once collected and interpreted. Modeling tools such as regression analysis and the latest machine learning algorithms can help to predict future end-user behavior.
- Prescriptive Analytics takes you through the final step: formulating concrete recommendations based on your data. These recommendations can be directed toward a variety of efforts, including pricing and social-platform outreach.
A distinctive highlight of Customer Analytics for Growth is engaging in discussions with expert practitioners from a range of industries who have experience with both business-to-consumer and business-to-business customer models. They will reveal their real-time challenges and best practices, sharing their experience with the three most common hurdles of analytics strategy — tools, talent, and metrics — discussing what tools to use when, how to build analytics teams, and what to track about your customers. Each session also includes a short, highly interactive case study that allows you to explore real-world applications.
Customer Analytics for Growth brings together a powerhouse team of Wharton faculty from operations, information, and decisions; legal studies and business ethics; marketing; and statistics. They guide you through the most current theories and best practices for designing and implementing a data-analysis strategy, while continuously linking the learning to your real-life challenges.
The exceptional multidisciplinary learning journey will also give you a front-row seat to the powerful research and thought leadership of Wharton Customer Analytics (WCA), the world’s preeminent academic research center focusing on the practice of data-driven business decision making. This offers an advantage you will not find anywhere else.
Customer Analytics Capstone Project and Crowdsourced Applied-Learning Project
The Customer Analytics for Growth Capstone and Crowdsourced Applied-Learning Projects gives you two separate opportunities to apply what you’ve learned about how to make data-driven decisions to a real business challenge. Working in groups, you will leverage skills within your group to identify how to successfully use data to create cutting-edge, customer-focused marketing practices.
In the Capstone Project, groups will use real-world data to apply customer analytics to marketing challenges, starting with data collection and data exploration, and continuing all the way to data-driven decisions. You will be challenged to manipulate data and truly translate the results, providing the hands-on experience of becoming a data translator for your organization.
Session topics include:
- The Future of Marketing Science: Big Data, New Data, Better Science
- How AI and Machine Learning Are Changing Customer Analytics
- Building the Analytics Team
- Customer Value Analysis
- Business Experiments
- Storytelling Through Analytics
- Pricing Analytics
Peter S. Fader is the Frances and PeiYuan Chia Professor of Marketing at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His expertise centers around the analysis of behavioral data to understand and forecast customer shopping/purchasing activities. He works with firms from a wide range of ...
An applied statistician, Eric uses high-powered statistical models to solve problems on everything from Internet search engines to product assortment issues. Specifically, his research interests include Bayesian modeling, statistical computing, and developing new methodology for unique data struc...
Professor Raghu Iyengar's research interests fall in two domains: pricing and social influence. In the area of pricing, his work focuses on the impact of multipart pricing schemes on consumer response. The success of such pricing mechanisms to extract consumer surplus depends on how consumers res...
Zachery is the Chief Data & Analytics Officer with RBS. Before that for over a decade he was the chief analytics officer and senior vice president at Electronic Arts (EA), the world’s largest video game company. He is responsible for leading consumer insights, UX research, data science, studi...
Acclaimed globally for exploration of paradigm-shifting analytics that illuminate our understanding of customer relationships, Neil is sought internationally as a keynote speaker, a lecturer at top business schools, and a contributor in multiple patents. Further, as Google’s chief analytics evang...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.