Who should attend
This course is for companies of any size that operate internationally, have international staff or employ multicultural teams. It will benefit marketing and business professionals that want to enhance their global competencies and effectiveness.
About the course
With an increasing number of businesses operating internationally there are numerous opportunities to build new relationships, but with each new opportunity comes hidden pitfalls around culture and language. Understanding subtle cultural differences allows business to work, communicate and collaborate more effectively with colleagues, clients, customers and partners. Cultural awareness is an essential soft skill which will help improve persuasion, negotiation, flexibility, problem-solving and leadership.
- Understand the psychology behind different cultures to improve your levels of communication
- Build crucial cultural competency awareness, skills and confidence to better understand and influence clients, colleagues and customers
- Identify cultural self-awareness and intercultural sensitivity and learn how to overcome unconscious bias to improve multi-cultural relationships
- Understand the benefits of a cultural competency framework and receive a personalised GlobalDISC™ Personal Cultural Profile which will help you understand your own cultural orientation and behavioural style
- Learn and apply cultural adaptation strategies to successfully use cultural differences to build trust in business relationships
- Professionally develop clear internal and external communication strategies to overcome cultural misunderstandings
- Develop essential soft skills in effective communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, cultural awareness and competency
- Case studies, best practice and examples of overcoming critical incidents included throughout.
Marina Ibrahim is an Intercultural Competency and Global Mindset Expert, her international cultural and marketing experience includes 25 years in marketing communication and cross-cultural training. Working worldwide she has taught global intercultural skills to directors and teams of both SME’s ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.