Thunderbird School of Global Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Working Professionals – Improve your marketability in today's global marketplace.
- Experienced Executives – Gain expertise in a global business focus area.
- Post-Graduate Degree – Focus on a specific business area to enhance your global knowledge.
About the course
The Cross-Cultural Communication online course within the Certificate in Global Business Essentials will help managers identify and understand cultural communication differences to prepare for achieving better communication in a multicultural environment.
- Understand different levels of culture by improving self-awareness and communication skills through the examination of your cultural orientation.
- Explore the impact of cultural differences on managerial communications and meeting etiquette.
- Enhance your capacity to work in global teams and improve your ability to give feedback to team members.
- Distinguish the differences between stereotypes and generalizations when assigning particular cultural orientations to a society, group, organization, team, or individual.
- Examine how global diversity and inclusion will impact your company, and learn how to leverage individual contributions to foster creative problem-solving.
What Will Be Covered in Your 8 Week Professional Development Course?
- Cross-Cultural Communication in the 21st Century
- Self-Awareness and Knowing Your Cultural Orientation
- Global Teams and Communication Analysis
- Open Attitude (Stereotypes and Generalizations)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Global Leadership and Style Switching
- Feedback in Cross-Cultural Settings
- Global Team Challenges
Denis Leclerc teaches cross-cultural communication and global negotiations at Thunderbird School of Global Management. His interests and research have focused on intercultural communication competence and global negotiation. He teaches in multiple programs such as on-campus MBA, Executive MBA, cu...