Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Supervisors, managers and executives who want to build and expand their thinking skills and enhance their decision-making and problem-solving ability would benefit from this program.
- Any business professional who would like to enhance their thinking process to achieve better results should consider attending this program.
About the course
In today’s fast-paced, ever-changing, data-heavy, counterintuitive world, the ability to diagnose problems and establish correlation through critical thinking is more important than ever. The Broad College offers Critical Thinking in Business as a way to expand and enhance critical thinking abilities. Critical Thinking in Business is a two-day executive development program which will provide participants with a toolkit of practical decision-making strategies and research based reasoning models, both of which will have immediate application in both work and personal life.
Developing a culture of critical thinking produces many organizational benefits, including increase change agility, more effective strategy implementation, fewer wasted resources, and higher levels of employee engagement. Critical Thinking in Business enables managers to recognize instinctive thinking, avoid common thinking pitfalls, and navigate “group think.” The program also discusses “ingenious thinking,” which is used by successful innovators, scientists, strategists, and Nobel Prize winners.
By attending this program, participants will be able to utilize effective problem solving and decision making. By maximizing critical thinking and reasoning, individuals will enhance their most important resource and the ultimate competitive advantage — their minds.
Key Topics Covered
After attending this program, participants will:
- Understand the difference between “instinctive thinking” and “ingenious thinking”
- Leverage reasoning skills in business settings
- Think critically using a structured process
- Make better decisions and resolve problems more effectively
- Determine the root-causes of problems through analysis
Michael Rip is the Founding Director of the Program in Healthcare Administration (Broad College of Business), and previously the Founding Director of the Program in Public Health (College of Human Medicine). Dr. Rip was on the faculty of the Department of Community Health at the University of Cap...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.