Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Improve the quality of your thinking for better business outcomes
In the age of digital disruption, you will need more than general knowledge and intelligence to make better business decisions and to solve problems. Critical Thinking is a systematic methodology for evaluating what is true and what is false by using judgement, reasoning and evaluation to improve the world and contribute to a more rational and civilised society. In addition, Critical Thinking is about judicious reasoning about what to believe and therefore what to do.
In this two-day short course, we will:
- Deal with the issue of thinking through and assessing information more comprehensively.
- Equip you with the ability to identify false ideas and ideologies and articulate your case.
- Show you that the quality of what you produce is a function of the quality of your thought processes.
How do we learn and how do we learn better than others.
- Formulate your question and identify what you are looking for.
- Gather all the information available before you start the evaluation.
- Apply the information gathered, identify the concepts at work and the assumptions made.
- Consider the implications and identify the risks and underlying consequences
- Explore other points of view and work out why others disagree with you
- Understand the difference between lateral and vertical thinking
- Develop the skills to suspend your judgement and eliminate bias.
- Want to and be better at thinking.
- Seek and be guided by evidence and knowledge.
- Be able to change your position and develop an appropriate response.
- Bring to your meetings a hunger for curiosity, perspective and consideration.
Your organisation will:
Evaluate information in a disciplined manner by helping to refine and align the thought processes of people in the collaborative world we are entering. Collaboration and diversity of thinking will probably determine the success of an enterprise. Your organisation will also:
- Benefit from being more tolerant of diversity and ambiguity.
- Be capable of handling uncertainty in an exponential world.
- Demand that we secure valid evidence.
- Ensure that we have listened empathetically to every side before we act.
- Benefit from avoiding the reactive short term thinking.
- Develop more profound and comprehensive decisions
Who should attend
- Key influencers in any organisation.
- Leaders who aspire to becoming coaches.
- Leaders of diverse groups.
- Project leaders of cross functional teams
- Anyone associated with change management issues.
- People seeking to improve their judgement skills.
Trust the experts
Bryan Travers is the owner operator of Quality Dynamics Limited, a consultancy practice specialising in Senior Executive Leadership Coaching and Strategy Formulation. He has 30 years of experience in Senior Executive roles in various businesses. He also has a 20 year heritage in Executive Educati...