Who should attend
- Level 3 - New Managers &
- Level 4 - Managers
About the course
The ability to think critically separates the effective professional from others. A person who can think fast and well has far more mental resources for higher performance than his peers who lack good thinking skills. When you are armed with critical thinking tools, many benefits inevitably follow – you are able to identify thinking flaws, differentiate between good and bad suggestions, communicate persuasively, manage difficult people or circumstances, and more.
Benefits to You
Good thinking skills allow managers to improve their top and bottom-line outcomes by becoming better at problem solving, decision making and strategic planning. Critical thinking also improves productivity by saving time from “inhibiting” thinking outcomes and increases your profits through improved abilities in negotiation, persuasion and outsmarting your rivals.
- Understand what critical thinking skills really are
- Understand rational vs. behavioral models of thought
- Understand critical thinking vs. IQ vs. creative thinking
- Identify and overcome common thinking biases and logical reasoning errors
- Apply critical thinking skills to business issues such as problem solving, decision making and strategic thinking
- Use critical thinking to enhance productivity and profitability
- Foundations and principles of critical thinking
- Compare: Critical thinking vs. rationality vs. practical outcomes
- Understand how most managers think
- Thinking biases and errors: What most managers are not aware of
- Thinking in business contexts: When and why it often fails
- Business scenarios: How to think with maximum efficiency
- 3 major frameworks of critical thinking
An independent corporate trainer-consultant, Lim How is a recognized expert in the fields of critical thinking, transformational leadership, human relations, and the related. A psychologist by training at Yale University, his expertise has been regularly sought after by various Fortune 500 compan...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.