Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Communications professionals interested in learning useful strategies and practical skills for managing a crisis;
- Executives responsible for developing organizational strategic and crisis plans; and
- Leaders in strategic or public-facing roles who may be the public face of a crisis response.
About the course
In the age of Twitter, cell phone videos, and nonstop news, organizations and individuals are more vulnerable than ever to major crises. In this crucial two-day course, you’ll learn how companies, campaigns, public agencies, and organizations of all kinds can prepare for and navigate any type of crisis. Through a combination of lectures, case studies, and exercises drawn from real-world events, you’ll learn to apply strategies and practical tactics to help protect and lead your organization through a wide variety of crisis scenarios. No prior experience in media or communications is required.
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Apply strategies and implement procedures in advance that help protect, insulate, and mitigate damage to your organization in a crisis;
- Create a crisis game plan for your organization;
- Identify and deploy a variety of tactics and articulate their strategic value in a crisis; and
- Provide leadership internally and externally during crisis scenarios.
Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) Alignment
The content of this course covers competencies addressed by the following ECQs: Leading People; Leading Change; Results Driven; Building Coalitions and Business Acumen.
Olivia Alair Dalton is Founder of Dalton Strategies and Senior Advisor to the Human Rights Campaign. An experienced leader in strategic communications and marketing, she has built an impressive track record advising top officials, national non-profits, Fortune 100 companies, and major issue campa...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.