This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
In today’s business environment, leadership and change dominate most corporate agendas. The success of the professional depends on his ability to manage and sustain the change. To achieve this, they require keen perception, flexibility and the ability to merge management theories into action plans. Keeping these factors in mind CREDAI has initiated a programme with the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore called the “IIMB-CREDAI Business Leadership Programme” (BLP) and this will be the 6th batch of the programme.
This programme is designed to help CREDAI’s members to meet the key challenges of managing in today’s dynamically changing and complex environment. The constant flux in the business and political environment makes it crucial for business leaders to continuously review their existing worldviews and explore new ways of building and sustaining the competitive advantages for the firms they lead. This in turn calls for in-depth cross-functional knowledge and a global perspective combined with personal leadership. The proposed IIMB-CREDAI Business Leadership Programme aims to allow participants to manage this development agenda.
The objectives of BLP are to help the participants to achieve a personal and professional transformation towards visionary leadership in their organizations. The programme is aimed at helping participants to
- Become strategic thinkers and dynamic leaders who shape the industry’s future and its structure in a dynamic and fast growing industry.
- Understand and assimilate the emerging concepts, technology and business practices in achieving operational excellence. That can lead to superior competitive performance.
- Help reflect on their personal leadership skills in all the spheres they engage with – business, personal and family.
PROGRAMME FRAMEWORK AND CONTENTS
This programme is envisaged as a fully residential programme and will be organized into 5 modules of 4 to 5 days spread over 7 months, as indicated in the following table. While the number of days in each module will remain as planned, the contents may get modified to some extent or shifted across the modules.
This programme covers a lot of ground in a very short time frame. Hence, it is important that the participants attend all the modules to be get the most out of the programme. They also must allocate some time in-between the modules to work on assignments and pre-reads.
Who should attend
The participants for this programme would typically be
- Senior members of the family running their successful businesses and
- First-generation entrepreneurs
- The Participants should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Preferable Post-qualification work experience is 3 years and in exceptional cases applicants with less than 3 years can be considered for admission into the program.
Trust the experts
Mukta’s current areas of research interest include organizational diversity management and forms of social inclusion. She has published papers in international journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Human Relations, Human Resource Management, Journal of Management Inquiry, Journal of...
Dr. Venkatesh Panchapagesan is an Associate Professor of Finance and also heads the Real Estate Research Initiative at IIM Bangalore. He has more than 20 years of experience in academia and in global financial services industry after finishing his Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Southern...