Creativity, Reinvention and Self Development for Global Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Creativity is the original natural resource in management because it is the singular faculty that enables effective managers.
Globalization places special demands on companies. Whether companies face an economic slowdown or a buoyant market, they are called upon to reinvent themselves, to innovate in ways for which their prior corporate experience does not prepare them. Never before has the past been a less reliable guide for steering companies into an assured future.
How can companies re-envision themselves in response to a radically altered market place? How can managers, who perceive their corporate role in terms of specific tasks and responsibilities, become capable of inspiring, promoting and managing change?
The best companies embed a vision and adopt structures and processes to realize it. Companies need vision – to motivate thought and action. They need structure too – to direct thought and action but what do they need to change habits of thought and action?
Companies create conditions for managers to develop and hone the competencies they need for current assignments or new responsibilities. Managers are enabled to give their best within an established frame of reference, not to become competent at questioning it, but often this is precisely what they must do in times of market turbulence, reversal or
Altering a company’s terms of engagement with the market calls for managers to experience and enlarge their inner resources to face the challenge of the unknown. Companies specialize in training managers for better performance, not in creating space for self-exploration and inner discovery. They must seek that space elsewhere. This program endeavors to provide that space.
The purpose of the program lies in
- Exposing practicing managers to the creative process
- Embed a respect and confidence in their creative abilities
- Help managers to internalize their own creative strengths in their vocations
- We propose to accomplish these objectives by
- Putting participants through practical workshops on discovering their core barriers and helping to disabling them, team building, role internalization and self-interrogation through the medium of self-introspection
- Helping participants in tapping their creative arsenal and
- By incorporating a module on self-development that enables them to unbundle their creative potential.
Participants will be exposed to exercises that enable them to overcome the gap between idea and expression, give up self-censorship and take risks without the fear of being penalized. This sends out positive messages of acceptance, disarming team members and newcomers instead of transmitting negative messages of denial rooted in the ego.
- Connecting with deep purpose and inner passion
- Exploring the nature of management
- Aligning them to company goals
- Interrogating, aligning and articulating personal vision and values
- leading to learn
- Creating harmony in the workplace
- Connecting professional vocations to inner calling
- What is a maverick company? Examples...
- Learning to fly
Who should attend
This program is targeted towards senior managers who are engaged in challenging responsibilities and are keen on enhancing their leadership potential. This is a capacity building programme in developing creative and emotional intelligence. It will be useful for senior managers seeking to embed creative processes within their organizations that result in effective leadership as opposed to efficient leadership. These include functional heads, senior managers, human resource professionals, general managers and those heading divisions of large firms