Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Those who reading analytic reports:
- Executives in leadership positions who want to understand how analytics could be used to improve business performance rather than blindly trust into outputs of analysts
- For business development professionals and management consultants who need to understand how analytics can create value for their clients.
Those who do analytics:
- Product, brand and marketing managers who need to understand how to better leverage data and run analytic models in intuitive, simple way.
- Professionals who already have background in analytics or computer science, but whose roles and projects are becoming increasingly strategic, so they need to develop further strategic skills to bridge the gap between analytics and business strategy.
About the course
Learn to take advantage of available data today by acquiring marketing skills for the next decade. This course teaches you how to understand and employ analytics to improve your business results.
WHY CUSTOMER AND MARKET ANALYTICS?
Never before has managers had this much information on their customers, partners and competition at disposal to make informed and smarter decisions; yet they are more than ever criticised about the lack of actionable insights that derive from it.
In this course you learn how to increase the effectiveness of marketing decisions. We use an “Explain-Show-Do-Practice” approach to teaching that encompasses explanations in the lectures followed by a combination of class discussion, case study analysis and practical hands-on exercises in Excel.
We do not go deeply into the statistics and mathematics behind the methods and tools, but rather provide you with an understanding of what the model could be used for, intuitively how it works, which data you need to have and how to evaluate the output you get from the analyses.
TOPICS IN THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- Analysing and visualising your customer and product data
- Understanding and segmenting customers and markets, identifying high value future customers
- Exploring your brand positioning against competition and devising potential actions to improve it
- Implementing hands-on tools to develop new products and calculate how much customers are willing to pay for the new or changed product or service
- Developing and measuring effectiveness of loyalty programmes, marketing campaigns, multiple-channels and social media investments
- Evaluating how to optimally allocate resources across different products, channels and sales representatives
This course is 15 credits and is conducted through a combination of campus and online learning process. The campus module will consist of 3 sessions x 2 days. The online module will combine online content, videos and excercises to support the learning, both individually and in groups. The combination of campus and online learning process equals 75 lecturing hours over one semester.
Please note that while attendance is not compulsory in all courses, it is the student's own responsibility to obtain any information provided in class that is not included on the course homepage or other course materials.
In each session, students will have an opportunity to learn hands-on different tools in Excel software with add on modules. In-class and online exercises will include working on available datasets and case study datasets.
Participating in the course will require access to a pc/laptop with Microsoft Excel installed.
A syllabus is available in the student portal for applicants who have been admitted to the programme. Username and password for the student portal will be sent to you before the start date.
ACADEMIC DEGREES 2010 University of Groningen Ph.D. 2003 Staffordshire University Business School Master of Science 1999 University of Split, Faculty of Economics B.A. WORK EXPERIENCE 2012 - Present BI Norwegian Business School Assistant professor 2001 - 2012 University of S...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.