Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Realise your KPIs using big data
This course provides you with insights about small and big data by concentrating on the managerial perspective instead of technical details. Buzzwords such as big data, machine learning and AI will be demystified to a simple managerial essence. The provided information will enable you to use data and machine learning as a means to a goal – making better decisions.
Through interactive sessions, the discussed material is applied to data-related decision-making in your company. This 2-day workshop will be run by Leo Paas, who will share 25 years of experience in the practical use of data and analytics.
You can use this opportunity to develop your understanding about contemporary developments around big data and the use of this key resource in business decision-making. You will:
- Learn about big data and how it differs from other data sources
- Improve decisions with small and big data
- Learn to develop big data strategies, with consideration of the human and technological dimensions
- Learn about big data and analytics in startups and corporates
- Learn about the DELTA model of big data guru Thomas Davenport and apply this to your company
- Learn to understand the essence of machine learning (supervised and unsupervised), neural networks, deep learning and AI
- Participate in interactive sessions to apply the workshop material to the participant’s companies.
At the end of the course you will be able to understand the essence of small and big data sources and the means by which these are analysed. It will help you to communicate with IT experts and data scientists/analysts and to support reaching your KPIs with data. You will:
- Understand what data is, and how big data differs from other data sources
- Understand what types of decisions can be supported by small and big data
- Know how to convert the outcomes of analysing data into managerial action points
- Know when simple or complicated analytics are required
- Communicate with IT, BI analysts, customer insights analysts and data scientists
- Understand the data capacities of your company data and which next steps are relevant
Your organisation will:
- Profit from your ability to convert data into practical decisions and KPIs
- Profit from your understanding of analysts and data scientists
- Profit from your formulation of a big data strategy
Who should attend
- Senior executives, including CEOs and General Managers
- Middle managers
- Team leaders and supervisors
- Data scientists and other analysts
Trust the experts
After studying Social Science Research Methodology (MSc) and Social Science Informatics (MSc) at University of Amsterdam, I worked at a large Dutch bank, Postbank (ING group). The role at Postbank addressed database marketing, data mining, marketing research activities and supporting direct marke...