Who should attend
Those working in live events, marketing, PR, fundraising or brand management who wish to learn how creative teams work; or people working in marketing communications for businesses and other organisations looking for fresh approaches to problem-solving
About the course
Learn how to create original and effective live events. You will get the chance to respond to creative briefs and learn how to transform locations into compelling, inspiring environments. By the end of the course you will have developed your ideas in a focussed response and have a sound understanding of the role of the creative events designer.The sessions are fun, challenging, and enjoyable. Working individually and in small teams, agency-style, you'll learn how to challenge conventional thinking and identify new event formats and fresh approaches.
On day one you consider left and right brain thinking and the creative mind-set. You will be shown a number of typical corporate event briefs and learn how to ‘read between the lines’ to best interpret the information available. The group as a whole will then create an ‘instant’ response to an original brief.
On the second day you will present your ‘agency’ response to the brief and explain your approach to the rest of the group. You will also have the opportunity to review and discuss individual projects and experience.
- Understanding a client brief
- Unconventional live events
- Left brain vs. right brain thinking
- The creative mind-set
- Working as an individual vs. working in a creative team
- Problem solving
- Pitching a creative response
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Better understand and contribute to the creative response process
- Develop new ways of thinking about a live event project
- Explain the rationale behind your concepts with confidence
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Pigalle Tavakkoli is a Creative Producer, specialising in designing event experiences for over eight years. She draws on an extensive background in theatre production, and a decade in fashion design, marketing and PR, to create highly visual and unforgettable journeys. She integrates arts, scienc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.