Who should attend
- Emerging to mid-level leaders who are responsible for improving the performance of their company’s employees
- Director, supervisor, manager, group leader, or team leader
- Anyone responsible for facilitating collaboration or coaching
About the course
In this highly interactive session, participants will engage in a series of experiential exercises designed to increase their ability to effectively assess and lead teamwork. Short presentations, individual assessments, small and full group discussions will accelerate learning and application to the real-world setting.
This course will give you the tools and resources to develop high-functioning teams are vital to your organization’s success. You’ll learn how to create and lead a team that drives business results. Coursework focuses on ways to develop accountability, diplomatically work through conflict, and provide constructive feedback. You’ll learn to fine-tune your observation skills to assess team dynamics and intervene on the spot. Focus will be on developing team agility as the organization faces change and recognizing potential missteps and learning how to avoid them.
- Identify the characteristics of high-performance teams and their leaders
- Effectively lead team members from kickoff, through roadblocks, to goal attainment
- Manage workstyle differences between team members
- Inspire shared accountability in cross-functional teamwork
- Productively manage conflict among team members
My passion is developing people and organizations to be their best. As a consulting psychologist, I coach leaders to develop their leadership presence & effectiveness, and work with individuals to discover career paths aligned with their interests, skills and core purpose. At Global Talent ...
Louellen Essex is an Educator in the Carlson Executive Educator’s Network at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota. Dr. Essex focuses on training and organizational development, leadership, communication, team building and conflict resolution. She holds a PhD from the Universi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.