Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Team leaders who are looking to improve or develop teams in order to maximise performance and organisational effectiveness.
About the course
Teams are at the heart of organisational life and their effectiveness strongly influences the success of the enterprise overall. A high performance team will exceed expectations given their composition. Therefore achieving superior performance in teams has become a major business imperative. But turning individuals into a cohesive and productive team is far from straightforward.
This two-day, well-established, intense and practical programme will examine:
- The key elements of a high-performance team, drawing on examples from corporations, not-for-profits, consultancies and sport
- Team roles and responsibilities, dynamics, and outcomes
- Personality types that make up a high-performance team
- Dealing with conflict and coping with difficult team members.
Cambridge Judge Business School offers a distinctive approach born out of the University of Cambridge way.
- Drawing on cutting-edge academic research, as you would expect from a business school with 16 research centres
- The University of Cambridge has always emphasised smaller class sizes for maximum interaction and focused effort between world-class faculty and top quality participants. Cambridge Judge is no exception. This makes your experience here one of unrivalled quality and relevance
- Our programmes may be shorter, we aim to maximise the use of your time - you will likely be stretched as you have never known; that is the Cambridge way.
- The dynamics of high performance teams - what makes them good and what makes them difficult too
- Dealing with conflict and difficult team members
- High performance individuals and their preferences for teamwork
- Getting the most out of individual team members
- Team roles and responsibilities
- How to increase communication effectiveness in teams
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
Over the two days of this fast-paced and practical programme you will:
- Develop new perspectives on how to manage teams
- Explore the importance of high performance cultures
- Structure teams to maximise their effectiveness
- Develop your leadership style to achieve effective leadership in teams
- Understand how to maintain sustained performance of teams
Philip developed the Global Human Resource Research Alliance, a research group involving 30 companies worldwide - American Express, BAE Systems, BT, EDF, GE, General Mills, IBM, IKEA, Infosys, Matsushita, Oracle, Procter and Gamble, Rolls-Royce, SANYO, Sealed Air, Shell, Siemens, TCL, TNT, and Un...
Reader in Operations Management Director of Executive Education MBA, PhD (Case Western University) Research interests Project management; knowledge management; business value of technology. Subject group: Operations & Technology Management Professional experience Dr Sengupta has served as...
Gill is an executive coach, facilitator and consultant in leadership, management and team development. She specialises in enabling individuals and organisations achieve their goals and realise their full potential. She is also author of the best-selling books ‘Presenting Yourself With Impact at W...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.