Creating High Impact Learner-centred Classrooms (Masters Certificate in Adult Training and Development)
Part 1: This session is designed to set you on the path to becoming a master facilitator. Building on the concepts learned in Modules 1 and 2, you will be taught the skills to become a learner-centered facilitator.
- Increase interest, learning, motivation and accountability among participants
- Understand the phases of group development and how to respond as a leader
- Learn how to deal with conflict, how to give feedback constructively, how to read the symptoms of a group in trouble, and what to do about it
- Practise your facilitation skills in a safe, supportive environment
- Conduct a facilitated session with multiple attendees
- Properly set up the space for a facilitated session
- Identify and address common behavioural issues in the session
- Increase learner engagement by making it relevant to participants
Part 2: During this session you will learn why presentation skills matter in today’s information-saturated world. Our emphasis will be on in-person presentations, with some reflection on conversion to effective online presentations.
- Learn a proven seven-step process to guide you through presentation preparation and delivery
- Learn methods for making your presentations memorable and compelling
- Gain enough practice and feedback to fuel your ongoing development for years to come
- Engage in exercises to help you continue to build your confidence and sense of presence