Creating High Impact Learner-centred Classrooms (Masters Certificate in Adult Training and Development)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Part 1: This session is designed to set you on the path to becoming a master facilitator. Building on the concepts learned in Modules 1 and 2, you will be taught the skills to become a learner-centered facilitator.
- Increase interest, learning, motivation and accountability among participants
- Understand the phases of group development and how to respond as a leader
- Learn how to deal with conflict, how to give feedback constructively, how to read the symptoms of a group in trouble, and what to do about it
- Practise your facilitation skills in a safe, supportive environment
- Conduct a facilitated session with multiple attendees
- Properly set up the space for a facilitated session
- Identify and address common behavioural issues in the session
- Increase learner engagement by making it relevant to participants
Part 2: During this session you will learn why presentation skills matter in today’s information-saturated world. Our emphasis will be on in-person presentations, with some reflection on conversion to effective online presentations.
- Learn a proven seven-step process to guide you through presentation preparation and delivery
- Learn methods for making your presentations memorable and compelling
- Gain enough practice and feedback to fuel your ongoing development for years to come
- Engage in exercises to help you continue to build your confidence and sense of presence