About the course
Part 1: This session is designed to set you on the path to becoming a master facilitator. Building on the concepts learned in Modules 1 and 2, you will be taught the skills to become a learner-centered facilitator.
- Increase interest, learning, motivation and accountability among participants
- Understand the phases of group development and how to respond as a leader
- Learn how to deal with conflict, how to give feedback constructively, how to read the symptoms of a group in trouble, and what to do about it
- Practise your facilitation skills in a safe, supportive environment
- Conduct a facilitated session with multiple attendees
- Properly set up the space for a facilitated session
- Identify and address common behavioural issues in the session
- Increase learner engagement by making it relevant to participants
Part 2: During this session you will learn why presentation skills matter in today’s information-saturated world. Our emphasis will be on in-person presentations, with some reflection on conversion to effective online presentations.
- Learn a proven seven-step process to guide you through presentation preparation and delivery
- Learn methods for making your presentations memorable and compelling
- Gain enough practice and feedback to fuel your ongoing development for years to come
- Engage in exercises to help you continue to build your confidence and sense of presence
Sandra is the principal of Synergy Management Consulting, specializing in leadership coaching, customized training and facilitation services. Sandra is certified in MBTI, BarOn Emotional Intelligence Assessment, Facilitation First Train-the- Trainer, Coaches Training Institute, and training as a ...
Biography David Donaldson is a program director with TidalShift Inc. and an experienced facilitator, trainer, courseware developer and consultant with more than 25 years’ experience building and delivering solutions for clients across North America. David holds a Change Management Practitioner (...
Biography Carley is a manager of learning programs at Rexall Pharmacy Group, where she has 14 years of experience in various positions within the organization. As a graduate of the AMCATD program, her experience allows her to bring a fresh, “real world” perspective to the program and its facilita...
Shawn is senior manager, learning design, with Royal Bank of Canada. For the past 20 years he has successfully merged his passions for technology, project management and adult learning into an intriguing career. Shawn graduated with a BSc in Computer Science from the University of the West Indies...
Hugues (Hugh) is a versatile and influential leader with more than 30 years’ experience developing strategies and solutions for building high-performing leaders, teams and workplace. As the leader of the Learning and Development team of Export Development Canada, he leads the organization’s focus...
Sharlene Fernandes is a client-centric learning and development manager and instructional design consultant, working in the fields of professional sales, consumer packaged goods, and data analytics. She led the client-learning and professional-certification teams at the Canadian Professional Sale...
Farheen is driven by the opportunity to help people grow and has executed that for over a decade in the Learning and Talent Development space. A graduate of the MCATD (Schulich) and holding an MA in Education (OISE), Farheen has experience in a range of industries, including not-for-profit, consu...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.