Creating Business Value With Big Data
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Using Big Data analytics to support decision-making
Your organisation wants to use Big Data analytics to support decision-making. But where do you start?
This programme provides you with essential business, analytical and technology knowledge, as well as leadership & management skills, to enable you to effectively lead your team, functional department or organisation with Big Data. Return to your workplace with a clear long-term analytics & Big Data strategy to create business value.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
By participating in the ‘Creating Business Value with Big Data’ programme, you will:
- Understand how exploiting Big Data can benefit your company and your particular functional domain
- Have a good overview of analytical and Big Data techniques and technologies and understand how you can leverage them
- Be able to move your organisation to a higher analytical maturity
- Be inspired by best practices in Big Data inside and outside your sector, and bring them back to your own business
- Pitch a Big Data project idea and, through a series of sounding-board sessions, you will receive valuable feedback from Vlerick faculty and peer participants for refining and finalising your idea.
The ‘Creating Business Value with Big Data’ programme consists of 4 modules:
Module 1: Big Data Management (Day 1)
Connecting the worlds of data scientist and business expert by:
- Linking your digital strategy to your analytical strategy
- Presenting an overview of typical analytical & Big Data applications that create value in several industries (Finance, Retail, Telecom, Pharmaceuticals, …)
- Managing analytical teams and big data projects.
Module 2: Big Data Analytics (Day 2)
Familiarising participants with the basic concepts of several advanced analytical techniques, with a focus on showing the business value of:
- Network Analysis
- Text Mining
- Process Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
Module 3: Operationalizing Big Data (Days 3 & 4)
Turning insights into actions by:
- Integrating multiple data sources
- Integrating big data technology with existing infrastructure
- Leveraging high-velocity data
- Sounding-board session in which you pitch your Big Data in-company project idea and get feedback from Vlerick faculty
Module 4: Cultivating Big Data (Day 5)
Cultivating data-driven decision-making to optimally exploit the newly created Big Data benefits in your organisation:
- How to win customer buy-in by dealing with ethics and privacy in a big data world
- How to change toward a data-driven organisation
- How to optimally communicate Big Data projects
Comeback day (half day, 3 months later)
- Three months after the core modules we will meet again to check status of your Big Data project and re-connect with your peer participants.
The value of the programme
The real value of this programme is revealed when you start to implement what you have learned. That’s why we organise a sounding-board session and a comeback day to help you launch a data driven initiative.
Who should attend
The programme ‘Creating Business Value with Big Data’ is ideal for:
- Managers in all functional domains (Operations, Marketing & Sales, Finance, HR, …) who want to leverage analytics and big data to support their business
- Project managers involved in analytical and big data projects
- IT managers who have to adapt their IT infrastructure to new technologies
- Business analysts, Data scientists, Data engineers, IT specialists who are moving into a managerial role or want to expand their business knowledge
- You want to be able to identify value-creating opportunities that can be exploited with analytics and big data in various functional areas (Operations, Marketing & Sales, HR, Finance, …)
- You want to effectively communicate with the data scientist in your organisation and translate these opportunities into an analytical environment
- You want to identify and manage the IT and database requirements to successfully deploy analytics and big data projects