Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Using Big Data analytics to support decision-making
Your organisation wants to use Big Data analytics to support decision-making. But where do you start?
This programme provides you with essential business, analytical and technology knowledge, as well as leadership & management skills, to enable you to effectively lead your team, functional department or organisation with Big Data. Return to your workplace with a clear long-term analytics & Big Data strategy to create business value.
Why This Programme?
By participating in the ‘Creating Business Value with Big Data’ programme, you will:
- Understand how exploiting Big Data can benefit your company and your particular functional domain
- Have a good overview of analytical and Big Data techniques and technologies and understand how you can leverage them
- Be able to move your organisation to a higher analytical maturity
- Be inspired by best practices in Big Data inside and outside your sector, and bring them back to your own business
- Pitch a Big Data project idea and, through a series of sounding-board sessions, you will receive valuable feedback from Vlerick faculty and peer participants for refining and finalising your idea.
The programme consists of 4 modules and a sounding-board session
Module 1: Data and Analytics Strategy
Connecting the worlds of data scientist and business expert by:
- Developing a data and analytics strategy that supports your organisation’s digital transformation
- Being inspired by state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence and Big Data applications that create value in multiple industries (Finance, Retail, Telecom, Pharmaceuticals, …)
- Identifying data-driven innovations for your organisation
- Managing analytical teams and projects
Module 2: Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics
Familiarising participants – in a way that is understandable for business managers – with the principles of several advanced Artificial Intelligence and Big Data techniques, with a focus on showing the business value of:
- Machine Learning
- Decision Automation
- Network Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Deep (reinforcement) learning
Module 3: Operationalising Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
Turning insights into actions by:
- Integrating multiple data sources
- Integrating big data technology with existing infrastructure
- Leveraging high-velocity data
- Sounding-board session: the real value of this programme is revealed when you start to implement what you have learned. In this session, we help you put your acquired knowledge into action. You will pitch an unfinished data-driven idea, innovation, project or strategy, and receive valuable feedback from Vlerick Faculty experts and your peers.
Module 4: Cultivating Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
Cultivating data-driven decision-making to optimally exploit the newly created Big Data benefits in your organisation:
- How to win customer buy-in by dealing with ethics and privacy in a big data world
- How to facilitate collaboration around AI and Big Data projects with internal stakeholders
- How to promote data savviness within your organisation
- This an important part of your learning journey. Three months after the core modules, we will meet again to reflect on the take-aways of the programme, discuss your implementation of these learnings, and re-connect with your fellow participants.
The value of the programme
The real value of this programme is revealed when you start to implement what you have learned. That’s why we organise a sounding-board session and a comeback day to help you launch a data driven initiative.
Who should attend
The programme ‘Creating Business Value with Big Data’ is ideal for:
- Managers in all functional domains (Operations, Marketing & Sales, Finance, HR, …) who want to leverage analytics and big data to support their business
- Project managers involved in analytical and big data projects
- IT managers who have to adapt their IT infrastructure to new technologies
- Business analysts, Data scientists, Data engineers, IT specialists who are moving into a managerial role or want to expand their business knowledge
- You want to be able to identify value-creating opportunities that can be exploited with analytics and big data in various functional areas (Operations, Marketing & Sales, HR, Finance, …)
- You want to effectively communicate with the data scientist in your organisation and translate these opportunities into an analytical environment
- You want to identify and manage the IT and database requirements to successfully deploy analytics and big data projects
Trust the experts
Peter De Prins
Peter is a passionate teacher and executive coach, delivering inspiring experiences and taking you on a journey of impactful insights that ultimately result in an increase of your personal and professional performance.Peter De Prins is Professor of Management Practice. He is recognised as a dynam...
Philippe Baecke’s research interest mainly lies at Customer Relationship Management, Business analytics and Big Data. More specifically he focuses on improving analytical CRM models by creatively incorporating new data types, such as geographical and social network information. Further he also ha...
Öykü Işık is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems Management at Vlerick. She holds an BSc degree in Computer Science and Mathematics (2002) and an MBA degree (2005) from Istanbul Bilgi University. She earned her PhD degree in Business Computer Information Systems (2010) from the Universi...
Executive Master Class Creating Business Value with Big Data