Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is aimed at senior and mid-level executives who want to leverage the potential of human-centred and agile frameworks, methods and tools to take action in their organisations. It is particularly appropriate for managers facing strategic and transformation challenges in their organisations.
Participants should come with an interest in innovation methodologies and creativity techniques and concrete questions regarding how to achieve innovative impact in their specific business context.
About the course
In today's business environment, uncertainty dominates. Leaders are under increasing pressure to take innovative action in environments where traditional management approaches can lack the flexibility and speed to effectively respond. However, they often find themselves embedded in organisational silos and processes that prevent them from taking action when it's needed.
Design thinking and other agile approaches can invigorate organisational momentum, enabling leaders to identify new opportunities to drive their businesses into the future. In this course, you will dive into the design thinking process, experiencing first-hand how a human-centred organisational mindset can provide a framework for quickly identifying opportunities and potential pitfalls in your business and its environment.
Throughout the seminar, you will leverage your insights in tackling your own strategic challenges. Keynotes from leaders who have implemented human-centric leadership in their organizations provide insight into critical ingredients for success.
This course provides you with insights into how human-centred innovation can drive your organisation forward. Over three days, you will:
Define the context in which traditional management approaches are struggling
- Understand diverse forms of uncertainty that can challenge leaders in new ways
- Examine obstacles that leaders can face in this new business climate
- Discover the potential of human-centred design to address these
Explore and engage human-centred innovation
- Dive into the design thinking process and create testable solutions
- Understand a range of other agile approaches, tools and frameworks
- Gain insight into key ingredients for implementing agile approaches successfully, through keynotes from senior leaders
Delve into your business challenge with a human-centred lens
- Tackle a wicked problem you’re facing in your business using human-centred frameworks, methods and tools
- Develop a prototype to mobilize feedback and learnings
- “Fail forward”, drawing from the expertise of faculty, senior leaders and your peers as you test your solutions on-site
In the aftermath of this course, we offer you a virtual group coaching session in which you can discuss the implementation of solutions you developed in the course with colleagues and faculty.
You leave this course with
- A toolbox for tackling your own business challenge with Design thinking methods.
- Powerful human-centred frameworks for cultivating an innovation culture.
- New relationships with like-minded action takers.
Dr. Rachel Brooks (full name Brooks-Ames Lachenmeier) has been Program Manager of Custom Programs at the Executive School of Management, Technology and Law (ES-HSG) since January, 2016. Education From 2011 - 2016, Dr. Brooks completed her doctorate in Organization and Culture at the University of...
Jennifer Hehn is a widely acknowledged innovation expert with extensive expertise in understanding users’ needs and transforming them into human-centric solutions. She is Senior Manager at ITMP, a spin-off of the University of St.Gallen and has managed numerous innovation projects within companie...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.