Who should attend
This program is designed for managers at all levels who are held accountable for the behavior of individuals and processes within their organization. This includes compliance professionals, CFOs, and corporate C-level professionals who want a practical overview that cuts through the complexities of government requirements and quickly gets to key issues of any compliance program.
About the course
In an era where cyber-attacks and data breaches have become routine, a corporate culture of compliance is essential for early detection, prevention and even prediction of such issues.
This program is designed for managers at all levels who are held accountable for the behavior of individuals and processes within their organization. It is particularly useful for mid- to senior-level managers who need a broad understanding of potential challenges as well as resources available to develop a culture of compliance. This program includes several case studies to give participants practical experience relative to the key drivers of a strong compliance program.
This is a cross-industry program intended to provide a broad overview of compliance for any organization regulated by a government entity and exposed to the public that seeks to avoid negative effects from non-compliance behavior in cybersecurity, privacy and ethics.
Consider this program to fulfill your continuing education contact hours.
Program Format & Content
Our small workshop approach, led by expert faculty, offers a valuable experience that incorporates lecture, cross-industry examples and case studies for a greater understanding of this critical topic. The program will cover the following:
Day 1: Data Collection & Protection in Big Data World
- Compliance in practice/examplars
- Key issues, core qualities, & requirements
- Compliance engineering in big data
- Big data impacts on privacy
Day 2: What Matters
- Cyber breach walkthrough
- Cyber breach laws
- Global compliance program challenges
- Corporate control response
Day 3: Strategy & Execution
- Effective compliance organization and monitoring
- Setting up a corporate monitoring program
- Creating policies to support culture of ethics
- Key success factors for sustainable growth
Program Goals & Objectives
- Gain an understanding of how compliance impacts the enterprise
- Learn about resources available to help you develop a culture of compliance in your organization
- Better understand areas of your organization in which compliance programming needs to expand
- Learn how to handle a crisis should it arise
- Learn how to build compliance into the organization from the ground up
Chris Strasser is managing director of TransTechSol, which he launched in 2011 to focus on the intersection of virtual technologies, oversight and compliance policies, and intelligence mission. Previously, Chris was a senior staff officer at the National Security Agency (NSA), and an executive wi...
Don R. Rahtz is a marketing /marketing communications researcher (Ph.D., Virginia Tech 1984) and a Professor of Marketing at William & Mary. His expertise is in integrated marketing communication programs, marketing research, survey methodology, analysis, and market assessment. He has had a p...
Donna Bartee is a National Security Law and Compliance Attorney and Cybersecurity Law and Policy expert. She has nearly a decade of experience as a senior attorney in the National Security Agency’s General Counsel Office supporting information assurance and cybersecurity operations. She is a reti...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.