Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for women looking to progress their careers, particularly those looking to move from middle to senior management roles.
About the course
Women as Leaders is led by Cranfield leadership experts who have worked with women’s leadership development since the early days of interest in this field.
Strategies for career success
Cranfield has 25 years of research into women’s leadership and this programme draws on this expertise. The programme directors currently work internationally with clients who want to use the latest thinking on leadership practices in their senior roles.
This programme will: help you to think positively about developing leadership practices that are best fitted to your context; help you develop leadership practices that fit with your personal values and preferences; help you work with the political landscape in which senior leadership roles are embedded. It will provide you with the knowledge and mind-set to overcome the barriers to further success and to increase your promotional opportunities.
Women as Leaders integrates leading edge research with participants’ personal experiences to provide practical learning about leadership and how to navigate your way in complex executive roles.
What you will learn
As a participant on this programme, you will have an opportunity to acquire:
- A clearer understanding of the challenges facing women when taking up senior positions
- An opportunity to step back and consider what you need to do to ensure you develop your leadership in a way that is tailored to your role and context
- An appraisal of what is important for you in your life and career at this time, what success means for you and the strategies you need to pursue your career whilst also paying attention to work/life balance and integration
- A unique opportunity to work with a group of senior women to examine what needs to change in organisation practices and culture for women to advance.
The Programme Experience
This programme is live-online with highly interactive sessions and dedicated group breakouts for in-depth discussion on your own leadership and career challenges.
Our programme is designed to maximise your personal learning and growth and as such, we will limit numbers to ensure you will get to know each other and work in a collaborative learning environment.
- Doing leadership differently as a woman; the new leadership landscape
- Your aspirations and values as a leader
- Navigating in a male dominated organisation
- Political skills and networking in organisations
- Increasing personal presence
- Creating and maintaining resilience and well-being as a female leader.
*Week one: Identifying my challenges, my aspirations and my development needs *
- The challenges facing women in leadership
- Where am I in my life –what are the issues for me?
- Where do I want to go in my career?
- Career strategies for improving the position of women
Week two: Leadership: developing my leadership practices, developing my personal brand and capital
*Day 1 *
- Leadership: beyond the hero leader
- Leadership: networks and politics
*Day 2 *
- Leadership presence
- Organisational strategies for change
Kim is a Chartered Psychologist, with a BSc(Hons) in Psychology from University College, London and a PhD from the University of Aston, Birmingham. She is a member of the Higher Education Academy. Kim's career began with Dunlop, who also sponsored her PhD research. Kim has worked with a wide r...
Hilary has a first degree in European Studies and a PhD in management from Cranfield University. Her PhD examined the issues facing women in International Management. Whilst on the Faculty at Cranfield School of Management, her specialist areas of research were international HRM, intercultural ma...
Contact Diana TheodoresBackground Diana Theodores is an Associate at The Praxis Centre for Leadership Development, Cranfield School of Management. She is a joint Programme Director for the Beyond Presentations: Speaking to Inspire and Impact and Influence open programmes and is also a Visiting Fa...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.