Who should attend
his program will benefit mid- to senior-level executives who are charged with having tough talks, minimizing fears, and mobilizing an organization to move head amid uncertainty.
Leaders from a wide range of industries and organizations, including corporations, associations, nonprofits, startups, and public sector organizations, will find this program beneficial.
Executives from most job titles and functions will also benefit from attending this program, including entrepreneurs and consultants; and those in finance, operations, business development, human resources, sales, marketing, general management, donor relations, and operations.
About the course
Rising to meet challenges and adversity tend to be watershed moments in a leader's career. Whether navigating the complex turbulent landscape of a global pandemic, managing technological change, or responding to economic setbacks, the highest-performing leaders are those who are brave, resilient, and embolden others in their organization to action.
By attending, you will:
- Build respect by learning to lead with courage and confidence by representing your most authentic self
- Explore and encourage the characteristics of a high-performance environment
- Acquire effective communication tools to have courageous conversations, tackle tough issues and deliver bad news
- Discover how to manage change agents and build agility within your organization
Our live-online programs are delivered in a synchronous format where you'll engage with faculty, industry leaders, and a global set of peers in an interactive, high-impact virtual environment. Often, these programs blend live sessions with activities or projects, and readings to deepen one's understanding of the materials. The benefit to this format is that you'll receive Booth's rigorous content in short, digestible sessions held multiple times weekly and span over a few weeks.
Participants should expect to commit a total of 4-6 hours per week to this program.
Live-online sessions are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10–12 noon US Central Time. These sessions are recorded, but you are highly encouraged to participate live.
Courageous Leadership in Challenging Times - Part 1
- Driving high performance in uncertain economic times
- Increasing ROI through ROB (brainpower)
- Leading with the heart, not fear
- Learn the three drivers of high-performance
- Foster the flow: oxytocin not adrenaline
- The correlation between high-performance attributes and trust
Courageous Leadership in Challenging Times - Part 2
- How leadership behavior effects results
- Have the courage “to be the last to speak”
- Leading with your values
- Leadership Moments of Truth
Managing Change with Resilience
- The 20/60/20 rule, moving the middle, identifying and enabling top performers
- Unspeakable subjects and highly visible statements of change
- Destroying “Sacred Ducks”
- Mobilizing the Grapevine
Courageous Communication to Encourage Positive Thinking, Agility, and Change
- Key concepts of communication that allow thinking to thrive
- The anatomy of a miscommunication
- The importance of empathy
- Diffusing negative emotions and challenging assumptions
- Tackling tough questions
- Delivering bad news
I am the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Center for High Performance (CfHP). In this role, I act as a strategic advisor to CEOs of leading global companies on strategy attainment and business transformation. I have a strong track record of helping leaders maximize returns on strategi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.