Who should attend
Mid-to-senior-level managers in the public and not-for-profit sectors who are interested in their own leadership development and the leadership development of others.
About the course
Courageous conversations will help you focus on transitioning from “argumentation” to “reflective engagement” (growth mindset) negotiating a “win-win” or at least a “compromise” towards creative collective problem-solving. In this session, you will learn to understand, embrace and practice the fruitful process of giving and receiving feedback.
Dr Dana Born – a lecturer in public policy at the Harvard Kennedy School and distinguished former military leader – will help you explore the pros and cons of feedback exchange and practice the “why” and “how” of constructive feedback.
What will you learn?
- What makes these conversations so difficult?
- Why do I tend to avoid them?
- What’s the secret/key to successfully having one?
- How do we navigate complex organisations in a systematic way to influence without authority?
- What are the tools of strategy and persuasion we can draw on and how can this inform our strategy?
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.