Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Business owners and investors
- Corporate development specialists
- Financial analysts
- Asset and wealth management
- Equity research specialists
- Management consultants
- Chartered accountants
- Corporate finance professionals
About the course
A deep dive into corporate valuation and value creation; the key driver of a successful company
Whether public or private, the primary goal of a company is to increase the wealth of its owners. Consistently achieving this outcome can be complex and difficult. An objective framework can be used to analyse and evaluate the opportunities and risks that lie within a business.
- For a business leader, this framework may give access to new and potential sources of value
- For the valuation professional, this framework delivers a robust structure for building an understanding of a company’s valuation and its story.
Corporate Valuation in New Zealand provides such a framework.
Using real New Zealand companies, this program is designed to be both practical and comprehensive. The core topics focus on mastering the advanced financial and analysis tools that are widely used to calculate the impact strategic decisions have on the value of an organisation.
- A roadmap for corporate valuation
- Enterprise value and equity value
- Valuation approaches
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Comparable company analysis
- Leveraged buyout valuation
- Value drivers of growth, returns and cost of capital
- Know the objective of corporate valuation, and will develop an appreciation of how to achieve this objective
- Have a broad understanding of valuation, its concepts, methodologies and associated complexities
- Apply various methodologies to deliver a suggested valuation of a company in different scenarios
- Recognise the limitations of the different valuation methodologies
- Identify the highest value creating strategic opportunities of a corporate, core to long term decision making and performance analysis
Your organisation will:
- Using the skills learnt, the course participants will increase their ability to take the long-term decisions that will ultimately produce superior financial performance and generate market-leading results for their organisations.
Rob Farmer joined Barclays in 1999, training as an accountant. After qualifying in 2001, Rob moved to Barclays Wealth, undertaking performance and risk analysis, providing input into asset allocation and portfolio construction. Later in his career, Rob joined Barclays Corporate Development, focu...