Who should attend
The programme is open to middle management executives and individuals with roles in:
- Sustainability as a Business Strategy
- Sustainability in the Workplace
- Sustainability vs Corporate Social Responsibility
- Community Engagement and Investment
- Sustainable Consumption, Production and Waste Management
- Environmental Management Principles and Best Practices
- Sustainability Compliance, Standards and Frameworks:
About the course
The Corporate Sustainability Programme is an online certificate programme which aims to provide current and Africa focused management knowledge in the area of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and responsible business. The programme is delivered online via LBS eLearn platform.
In the last two decades, there has been growing interest in the role that business plays in society. This has led to more businesses creating roles for corporate sustainability leads, corporate social responsibility officers, environmental and social risk management and managers and so on. While these professionals are tasked with driving, promoting and managing sustainability within their organisations, they often experience difficulties in delivering their objectives due to a knowledge gap and limited training for their specific roles. The programme provides a self-paced learning option for busy professionals to learn and understand the business case for sustainable development and better deliver on their jobs as sustainability professionals in their firms and/or organisations.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the concepts, principles and practices in corporate sustainability
- Understand the unique opportunities and risks of implementing sustainability strategies and programmes in Africa.
- Gain insights into methods and processes for organisations to improve and measure their economic, social and environmental performance and value creation
- Develop the capacity to drive and manage sustainability projects in workplaces and other situations.
- Business and Sustainability in Africa
- Creating value for customers, host communities and employees through social impact
- Social Impact assessment- best practices
- Capturing and measuring social impact as performance management
- Sustainability Reporting- Transition to GRI Standards
He has a PhD in Law and Economics of Banking Regulation, MSc in Economics and Post-graduate Diploma in Development Economics from University of Manchester, UK. In addition, he also has MSc in Comparative Political Economy from Cardiff University, UK and BSc in Sociology from the University of Lag...
Professor Ogbechie has a first-class honours degree in mechanical engineering from Manchester University, an MBA from Manchester Business School and a PhD in Business Administration from Brunel Business School in the UK. He has vast experience in marketing, strategy and corporate governance deri...
Ijeoma Nwagwu, Ph.D. (Harvard Law), LL.M. (Harvard Law), B.L.(NLS, Abuja) earned her doctorate in Law (S.J.D) and Masters in Law (L.L.M) degrees from Harvard Law School and was awarded the Landon H. Gammon prize for academic excellence. After attending the Nigerian Law School, Ijeoma worked as l...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.