Who should attend
Babson's course is designed for professionals in established company settings:
- Individuals who want to explore newly emerging corporate innovation roles in order to maximize their ability to contribute to an organization in this capacity, support their individual career interests and ambitions, and become empowered with the self-insight required for informed career decisions.
- Members of the HR/OD community who want to build skills and capabilities to support the strategic innovation objectives of their organization.
About the course
Strategic innovation is more relevant and vital than ever. To be successful, companies must develop an innovation function, complete with its own people, processes, metrics, and culture that operates within the company. This is the team that can translate emerging science, technology, and business models into whole new platforms of growth that will fuel the company's future health.
The world is different now than it was even a few months ago, which is why strategic innovation is so important. Prepare for the future by learning how a strategic innovation capability works within a large, established organization. Build your company’s strategic innovation framework with an understanding of the talent management and skills needed to succeed at corporate innovation
What Will You Learn?
This program provides specific tools and exercises, so you can advance a strategic corporate innovation function within your organization. Our program covers the following topics:
- The roles and responsibilities within a strategic innovation function, and the distinctions between them
- The appropriate innovation role(s) best suited for you and/or your team now and in the future
- The challenges associated with building and sustaining a strategic innovation function in large, established organizations
- The management system necessary to enable strategic innovation to succeed in a large established organization
- Communicating a strong case for investing in and creating a strategic innovation capability
- How to partner with HR and Organizational Development to support this new and emerging capability within your organization
Gina joined Babson in January 2019 as a Professor of Innovation Management. She conducts research and develops curricula that facilitates learning for graduate students and executives based on her findings on Breakthrough Innovation capabilities in large mature companies. Before joining Babson G...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.