Who should attend
This program is intended for public and private sector organizations, including individuals and teams, as well as anyone involved in generating new ideas, products or processes; delivering business growth; or ensuring optimal customer experience.
About the course
In business, you’re either moving forward or standing stil, and those who stand still don’t last. Progress is driven by new ideas and fresh perspectives about every element of organization.
Innovation is about more than new products – faster, thinner, more powerful or connected. And there is significant potential beyond shiny objects.
When you approach the entire organization with an innovation mindset, you unlock limitless potential – from value-driven processes and more convenient services to the very business model you use to compete
This workshop will enable you to:
- Realize the creative potential within your group
- Align ideation and creativity with your organization's vision and strategy
- Appreciate where resource challenges can drive and support new initiatives
- Translate ideas into execution and action
- Lead effective brainstorming sessions using best-in-class methods
- Empathize to discover new customer needs
- Build an effective innovation ecosystem.
- Evaluate and understand process challenges and lead new process design
- Improved ability to lead creative brainstorming sessions
- Increased acuity for discovering customer needs
- Deliver your ideas with clarity and confidence
- Greater motivation and alignment to corporate goals and objectives
- Access to tools that can be applied throughout the workplace
- Lead and build a culture of innovation and creativity
- Higher employee engagement and morale
- Build off recent resource-challenged realities towards new operating models
- New products or services better aligned with customer needs
- Achieve differentiation within your industry
- A proactive, "what's next?" innovation culture
The program covers the following curriculum:
- Innovation strategy
- Focused idea development through Storyboarding
- Low-cost idea development and refinement
- Prototyping and Presentations
- Process and Service Innovation
Assistant Professor and Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Operations Strategy Barry Cross is an expert and thought leader in innovation, execution and operations strategy. He joined Smith School of Business after nearly 20 years in the automotive and manufacturing sectors with Magna, Autosystems...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.