Who should attend
This program is intended for public and private sector organizations, including individuals and teams, as well as anyone involved in generating new ideas, products or processes; delivering business growth; or ensuring optimal customer experience.
About the course
When we think of innovation, we often focus of the realm of products – shiny, larger, smaller, faster, connected products. More often, an innovation focus gives us the ability to improve processes, services, and even our business model and the way the firm behaves and competes.
One significant and underappreciated barrier to innovation, however, is a perceived lack of resources, where in reality, most organizations have all the resources they need, yet those resources remain mired in complexity and unnecessary processes.
This interactive session provides managers and executives with the perspective and tools necessary to identify resource-rich opportunities and free up the time, space, and funds they need to focus on what matters most. Discussions and exercises will help you to align your team and enable them to see things differently.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Realize the creative potential within your group
- Align ideation and creativity to customer needs
- Identify and free up the resources necessary to support new initiatives
- Support business strategy and drive growth
- Greater motivation and alignment to corporate goals and objectives
- Access to tools that can be applied throughout the workplace
- Recognition and advancement as an innovator within your business
- Higher employee engagement and morale
- A proactive, "what's next?" innovation culture
- Industry differentiation
The program covers the following curriculum:
- Focused idea development through Storyboarding
- Low-cost idea experimentation and refinement
- Aligning innovation with projects for successful execution
Assistant Professor and Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Operations Strategy Barry Cross is an expert and thought leader in innovation, execution and operations strategy. He joined Smith School of Business after nearly 20 years in the automotive and manufacturing sectors with Magna, Autosystems...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.