Corporate Hedging and Derivatives
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
The programme is designed to discuss the use of derivatives and structured ﬁnancial instruments for corporate hedging and risk management in practice. The focus of the programme would be on understanding the products popularly offered to companies by banks to hedge foreign exchange, commodity price and interest rate risks.
The objective of the programme is to expose senior management in medium to large sized corporations to the practicalities of corporate hedging and risk management. In particular, it would enable participants to decide the optimal mix of hedging instruments, and using examples from real-world term-sheets expose them to consequences of hedging with the wrong products.
- Identifying risk exposures
- Which risks to hedge: The need for hedging
- Which instruments to hedge different risks with: Deciding the mix of forwards and options
- Hedging using structured products (e.g. barrier options): What is possible and what is not
- Identifying mis-selling of structured products and potential red ﬂags
- Basis risk and hedge accounting
- Risk management policy for corporations
Who should attend
Managers working in ﬁnance and treasury department at medium to large sized corporations, banks and infrastructure and project ﬁnance companies.