Corporate Business Model Innovation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haas School of Business.Full disclaimer.
You've heard of Open Innovation. You've heard of Lean Startup. Now is the time to learn from the leaders in both of these fields how to go beyond the buzzwords and transform your innovation process and get breakthrough products to market with unparalleled speed and efficiency. Join Berkeley-Haas professor and pioneer in the concept of Open Innovation, Henry Chesbrough, and lean startup innovator and Executive Director of the Innovation Acceleration Group at UC Berkeley, Andre Marquis, for this three-day course focused on launching new business model innovations that can capture and drive differentiated competitive value for your company. Go beyond traditional R&D to learn how to develop, evaluate and scale new business models from the inside out and embrace and extend the external startup ecosystem.
Explore New Innovation Concepts Learn new concepts in business model innovation, open innovation strategies, and how to apply lean startup models in a corporate context.
Identify More Opportunities Uncover your current business model’s strengths and weaknesses then learn to use open innovation to identify new opportunities and rethink assumptions and strategies.
Create New Business Model Ideas Generate and validate potentially successful new business model designs and develop a portfolio of lean, go-to-market plans.
Overcome Roadblocks and Make Effective Changes Align strategy and political factors with lean methodologies, restructure your teams, recognize and overcome internal “innovation killers”, and transform your innovation process to get breakthrough products to market faster.
Make New, More Powerful Connections Learn to create new relationships and collaborate effectively with startup firms, internal entrepreneurs, and potential partners.
The Corporate Business Model Innovation program curriculum covers the following topics:
TOPIC 1 | Open Innovation and Business Model Innovation
- Differentiating between an open and closed innovation system
- The business model improvement continuum
- The differences between a startup vs a big corporation
TOPIC 2 | Business Model Canvas and Customer Development
- The value and use of the Business Model Canvas
- Identifying customer discovery practices
- Customer interview best practices
TOPIC 3 | Your Business Model and Internal Customers: Aligning Power and Politics
- The role power plays in impeding or supporting innovation
- Assessing where power sits in your company
- Identifying strategies to build power for innovation
TOPIC 4 | Refining the Business Model Canvas
- The three categories of metrics important to innovation efforts
- Methodologies for each of the three metrics
TOPIC 5 | How to Design an Effective Integration Plan for Your Venture
- Strategies for successful business model innovation
- Creating new venture business model canvases
TOPIC 6 | Synthesis and Barriers to Overcome
- Integrating program learnings and planning for success
- Implementing new methodologies in your organization
Who should attend
- Senior level managers
- Business strategy and development professionals
- R&D professionals