Who should attend
- Senior-level Managers
- Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs)
- Chief Innovation Officers (CIOs)
- Business Strategy and Development professionals
- Research & Development (R&D) professionals
- Any executive responsible for managing innovation within their company
About the course
You’ve likely heard of open innovation, lean startup, and innovation management, but do you know how to successfully leverage them? Go beyond the buzzwords in Corporate Business Model Innovation to transform your innovation process and get breakthrough products to market with unparalleled speed and efficiency.
The innovation training serves as a catalyst for business leaders to master innovation strategy and drive continuous competitive value for their company. Throughout the program, you will dive deeply into developing, evaluating, and scaling new business models. Embracing a lean startup mindset, you will ultimately design a personalized innovation integration plan for your business. Professor Henry Chesbrough, ‘The Father of Open Innovation’, will provide you with the crucial guidance to leave this program with a lean, go-to-market plan for your company that details specific corporate innovation strategies that address challenges and opportunities you may face within your organization.
Strengthen your understanding of innovation management through hands-on case studies and pragmatic exercises during the training. At the conclusion of the program, you will advance your confidence and skills to employ innovative business ideas despite the inevitable barriers you will face.
Discover New Innovation Concepts
Learn new concepts in business model innovation, open innovation strategies, and how to apply lean startup models in a corporate context.
Identify Key Business Opportunities
Uncover your current business model’s strengths and weaknesses while learning to use open innovation to identify new opportunities. Rethink existing strategies to capitalize on organizational innovation and strategic change.
Create New Business Model Ideas
Generate and validate potentially successful new business model designs. Complete the training with a personalized, fully-developed portfolio of lean, go-to-market plans.
Overcome Roadblocks and Manage Complex Change
Align company strategy and business politics with lean methodologies, restructure your teams, recognize and overcome internal “innovation killers”, and transform your innovation process to get breakthrough products to market faster.
Make New, Powerful Connections
Learn to create new relationships and collaborate effectively with startup firms, internal entrepreneurs, and potential partners.
The Corporate Business Model Innovation program curriculum covers the following topics:
TOPIC 1 | Open Innovation and Business Model Innovation
- Differentiating between an open and closed innovation system
- The business model improvement continuum
- The differences between a startup vs a big corporation
TOPIC 2 | Business Model Canvas and Customer Development
- The value and use of the Business Model Canvas
- Identifying customer discovery practices
- Customer interview best practices
TOPIC 3 | Your Business Model and Internal Customers: Aligning Power and Politics
- The role power plays in impeding or supporting innovation
- Assessing where power sits in your company
- Identifying strategies to build power for innovation
TOPIC 4 | Refining the Business Model Canvas
- The three categories of metrics important to innovation efforts
- Methodologies for each of the three metrics
TOPIC 5 | How to Design an Effective Integration Plan for Your Venture
- Strategies for successful business model innovation
- Creating new venture business model canvases
TOPIC 6 | Synthesis and Barriers to Overcome
- Integrating program learnings and planning for success
- Implementing new methodologies in your organization
Henry Chesbrough is Faculty Director of the Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation within the Institute of Business Innovation at the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley. Previously, he was an assistant professor of business administration, and the Class of 1961 Fellow at the Harvard Busines...
Andre Marquis is the Executive Director of the Innovation Acceleration Group at the University of California Berkeley. He and his team have built a scalable, global infrastructure to deliver leading-edge, hands-on training to hundreds of startups and thousands of entrepreneurs and corporate innov...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.