This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The recent financial upheavals in Cyprus have shaken the confidence of international investors in the sustainability of the economic outlook of the island as a rock-solid site of business in the financial and corporate world.
There is now a greater demand for a need to retain the confidence of various stakeholders in the general business outlook of Cyprus.
The functional role of company administrators is increasingly emerging as one of key instrumental significance in revitalizing the status of Cyprus as a world known centre for international financial and corporate business.
Earlier, the traditional role of a company secretary was limited to providing support to the board of directors and managing administrative affairs of an organization. However, the horizon of their roles and responsibilities has expanded exponentially.
As the position of a company administrator has steadily developed into critical to the effective functioning of a corporate entity so has the demand for this job profile.
In this role, administrators not only hold a high position in the management hierarchy but their job description and role is highly accountable both within and outside one’s organization.
- The modern company law in Cyprus
- Nature of company
- Types of companies
- Promotion of a company
- The consequences of incorporation
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Changing a company’s name
- Registering, altering and filing charges
- Company’s common seal
- Share capital
- Dividends and profits
- Membership in a company
- Borrowing powers
- Loans, investments and public deposits
- Company management and administration
- Company meetings
- Company resolutions
- Accounts and Audit
- Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Conversion of companies
- Business reorganisation: reconstruction, mergers, acquisitions
- Liquidation process
- Provide the Board of Directors with reliable secretarial assistance and expert advice.
- Examine the role of a Company Administrator as an important functionary of a company’s managerial hierarchy working in the capacity of the company registrar.
- Provide assistance to the company in relation to a whole range of relevant legal matters and ensure that the company complies with the statutory and internal rules and regulations.
Benefits for you
- Learn how to register companies in the Registrar of Cyprus
- Act as a vital link between the Board of Directors and external entities such as shareholders, regulatory authorities and government bodies
- Prepare and present detailed reports regarding company policies
Benefits for the organisation
- Monitor the general administrative activities of a company and effectively secure all legal and other confidential documents.
- Manage all aspects of corporate meetings including board-meetings, annual general meetings, interaction with important clients and vendors, meetings with government and private delegations.
Who should attend
- Corporate Administrators
- Company Secretaries
- Finance Directors
- Chief Accountants
- Financial Controllers
- Tax Consultants
- Career changers who seek to pursue a position in the field
Trust the experts
Mr. Demetris Savvides is in the field of corporate administration and business development of Kesconsult & Management Ltd. He is in the Company Secretarial field for the past 15 years and for the last 4 years he has been serving the industry as member of the law council of Cyprus heading the ...