Olin Business School
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This day-long seminar is a very practical overview of four critically important organizational management topics in a highly interactive learning environment. Management is the process of converting resources into results. You will learn practical processes that you can use on an on-going basis. You will leave the class with a practical, written action plan for your day-to-day work as a manager on every topic we cover. All participants will have the opportunity to have a free one-on-one coaching session with Dan Coughlin in the weeks following the day-long seminar to discuss any of the topics and how they apply to your work.
- Overview of the four Management Cornerstones
- People (attracting, selecting, developing, placing, and retaining the right employees for your organization; bench strength; culture; and teamwork)
- Deciding and Doing (strategy, planning, and execution)
- Value Positioning and Enhancement (branding and innovation)
- On-Going Learning (industry knowledge and beyond industry insights)
- Develop a set of interview questions, role plays, and case studies to find the desired character strengths, passions, talents, and values that you want in your organization.
- Articulate repeatable processes that you can use to strengthen your desired strategy, culture, and brand.
- Strengthen your ability to continually improve as an organization.
- Leverage selected best practices from companies inside and outside of your industry to improve your business performance and results.
Dan has invested over 3,500 hours on-site as a management consultant observing and advising executives and managers in a wide variety of business functions and in more than fifty industries. As an Executive Coach, he has provided more than 3,000 coaching sessions for CEOs, business owners, presi...