Who should attend
This workshop is intended for project managers or others who are involved in projects of any size and type. It is also for experienced project managers who want a refresher on key project management issues.
About the course
Scope, schedule and cost are key issues that cause many conflicts throughout the project life cycle. In this course, you will learn practical techniques for planning, managing, and balancing these and other key project constraints. The objective is to help you develop workable plans and processes that meet stakeholder needs, while keeping scope, time and budget on track.
This course is aligned to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) standards.
- Learn how to resolve core causes of poor requirements and scope gathering
- Become familiar with tools for shortening and compressing schedules
- Use network diagrams to analyze and determine where the risks are in schedules
- Acquire the skills to increase accuracy of time and cost estimates
- Understand the most accurate performance measurement method for progress reporting
- Learn change control to avoid schedule and cost overruns
- Balance project scope, time and costs to increase customer satisfaction
- Scope, time and cost management framework: key concepts, definitions and documents, project considerations and constraints, the project life cycle
- Controlling scope: identifying stakeholders, analyzing and prioritizing stakeholder requirements, defining scope and developing the work breakdown structure, verifying and controlling scope changes
- Controlling time: defining activity dependencies, constraints and relationships, developing network diagrams to determine schedule risk, variance analysis and other techniques for monitoring and controlling schedule, the role of teamwork
- Controlling cost: estimating techniques, determining a reasonable budget, identifying risks that may lead to cost overruns, taking corrective actions, using earned value analysis to measure performance
Working in small groups, you will apply the tools and techniques you are learning to find suitable scope, time and cost management solutions. You will also gain experience in using a team approach to win buy-in from stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practice...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.